CRJ not reacting on ILS

Will somebody please tell me, what is nessasary for CRJ to capture ILS? - more than:

Correct course set in Course Nav1

Correct ILS frq

Nav-selector on VOR/LOC (green pointers)

Autopilot active

APPR pressed

Correct altitude for the ILS (below GS)

Speed 180-220 kn

Angel of approach =< 30 degrees

LOC activated before GS

All these factors were checked, but never the less - the plane continues on the present heading, passing the ILS without reacting/turning.

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

i missing the armed modes LOC and GS in your FMA. You have push APPR vut this modi are not displays. I had that already, that it did not react at the first press, press again and check the armed modes.

Do not press APPR until the LOC Identifer properly detected and displayed

I see, you fly with FMS source.

Real the last part (often yes vectors), is flown with HDG select. This is also recommended, also on other aircraft.

Try this procedure.

In your second set of pictures, it appears that you are using LOC2 as your NAV source. If the autopilot is coupled to the pilot-side instruments, you should tune the ILS on the number 1 NAV receceiver (LOC1).

Jim Barrett

It's not working for me either. I keep seeing people comment on what to do, but really, everything the OP said he's done should be enough. This plane won't lock onto the GS. I have the ILS tuned into both radios, the same way I do IRL.

I had no glideslope indication in the first release, now loaded release 1005, still the same problem (installing as FSX-SE). I next tried to install as FSX, no change. Flying an ILS, AP intercepts LOC, but no vertical guidance.

1 hour ago, hbzug said:

I had no glideslope indication in the first release, now loaded release 1005, still the same problem (installing as FSX-SE). I next tried to install as FSX, no change. Flying an ILS, AP intercepts LOC, but no vertical guidance.

Please read my post above yours....

Also, at which airport are you?

Picture is ILS14 at LSZH. I have tried several ILS's at different airports, same problem. It is definitely not a scenery, but a CRJ specific issue. My other planes have no problems with ILS ...                                     

1 hour ago, hbzug said:

Picture is ILS14 at LSZH. I have tried several ILS's at different airports, same problem. It is definitely not a scenery, but a CRJ specific issue. My other planes have no problems with ILS ...                                     

Apparently, you still didn't read my post above...

And I wanted to know which airport to be able to check it out myself, not to blame the scenery.

vor 2 Minuten, hbzug sagte:

Yes I did. And sorry, it wasn't my intention to blame anything nor to offend anybody. Just trying to help answering your question ...

Everything is fine here.

vor 3 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

Apparently, you still didn't read my post above...

And I wanted to know which airport to be able to check it out myself, not to blame the scenery.

Good to hear, Airbus666! My above post related to this one (I didn't quite get how "quote" works).

The mentioned "confirmed issue" seems to concern P3D and not FSX-SE which I'm using. Also, no GS capture is not the same as no GS indication. By the way, I find the CRJ is a great and somewhat challenging product and I'm confident that the developers will solve this little problem -:)

Hi everyone,

In my own particular case, it does capture ILS LOC and GS, but we must "help" the AP to do the task ie. at 1 dot of GS low the landing gear and capturing the glide slope, reduce your power a bit and lower your landing flaps. This will lead you to have your final stabilized and when you have the rwy in sight disconnect the AP and fly the last segment manually; slowly reduce power starting at 30 ft above the pavement and time in the flare a bit at 10 ft. until touchdown. We must remind that this wonderful bird is not an Airbus or Boeing and it does require more intervention on the PF side.

What I have noticed is a slow reaction on capturing the ILS signal with a bit tendency to snake around the LOC; many things are yet to be improved but it is a great achievement from DA and AS, great bird though.

Best Regards.

PS. v 1.005c

A.V. Washton.

Well well - have of course downloaded and installed the 1.0.0.5. Three landings by now. One of them with ILS captured correctly. The other two was exactly the same as before - the plane passing the LOC without responding despite NAV-selector on VOR/LOC and green pointers. I'll try a couple of times more tomorrow, but I am about to loose my temper with this plane.

It simply dont work. This is annoying. Approached in HDG-mode. NAV-selector on VOR/LOC. ILS frq and course correct, Green pointers. Autopilot engaged. LOC and a bit later GS activated

. AND THE PLANE JUST CONTINUE ON HEADING. Pass ILS without reacting.

I dont want to waste more time with this plane.

I FOUND THE PROBLEM - which also is shown on my screenshots. The XFR-button. If this button is pressed, that autopilot is flying according to the right (FO) flightdirector. The correct frq and course in NAV1 - and green pointers - do not help if its the first officers FD managing the autopilot.

OK - my fault, but I have not been able to find anything in the manuals and tutorials about the XFR (nor the turbulence mode). The only place I found the explanation and solved the problem was here: https://xplanecrj.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/ch04.pdf 

Other pilots flying the Aerosoft CRJ could have the same problem - pressing the XFR-button just to be 'safe' but not knowing what this button does. So I suggest, that this button (and the turb-button) is (of course) explained in the manual.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived