First Experience - Great Bird!

Just finished my first flight wich really was a short leg from BRE to HAJ. In my opinion there is room for improvement but the CRJ is far away from beeing a buggy plane. Sometimes things need more time so the wait was long but it is great to have this cool airliner available in FSX. For me it is a great mixture between the heavy an sophisticated gear like B738 and B772 which are my favorits. But I also love the small stuff like JS41 or ATR where the pilot has to be a pilot and fly the aircraft without total computer aid, autopilot and autoland.So imho this bird is an excellent combination of both worlds.

Some things revealed to me:

- The display of EICAS and other electronic displays is quite small and unsharp in the VC, always have to open them in seperate windows on other screens to be readable

- Calibration of throttle axxis ist horibble. My tip for people who have problems: Make sure you delete all axxis assignements in FSX and only use fsuipc with direct controll. But than make sure you also set up this in the CRJ config tool. The manual on how to calibrate the Throttle which came along with the CRJ was not really helpful for me. Finally i figured it out with trial and error how to calibrate (I use a Saitek Throttle)

- Not beeing able to hide the stick in VC is a showstopper. I always have problems to reach the knob to adjust the navigation source during approach

- The Strobe an Beacon lights looking very gloomy and unreal. Does anyone tried the 3d lights redux?

And finally some whishes:

- Topcat profile would be cool as well as flightplan import out of PFPX

- Please continue in development, this plane has great potential

25 minutes ago, Timelord said:

Just finished my first flight wich really was a short leg from BRE to HAJ. In my opinion there is room for improvement but the CRJ is far away from beeing a buggy plane. Sometimes things need more time so the wait was long but it is great to have this cool airliner available in FSX. For me it is a great mixture between the heavy an sophisticated gear like B738 and B772 which are my favorits. But I also love the small stuff like JS41 or ATR where the pilot has to be a pilot and fly the aircraft without total computer aid, autopilot and autoland.So imho this bird is an excellent combination of both worlds.

Some things revealed to me:

- The display of EICAS and other electronic displays is quite small and unsharp in the VC, always have to open them in seperate windows on other screens to be readable

- Calibration of throttle axxis ist horibble. My tip for people who have problems: Make sure you delete all axxis assignements in FSX and only use fsuipc with direct controll. But than make sure you also set up this in the CRJ config tool. The manual on how to calibrate the Throttle which came along with the CRJ was not really helpful for me. Finally i figured it out with trial and error how to calibrate (I use a Saitek Throttle)

- Not beeing able to hide the stick in VC is a showstopper. I always have problems to reach the knob to adjust the navigation source during approach

- The Strobe an Beacon lights looking very gloomy and unreal. Does anyone tried the 3d lights redux?

And finally some whishes:

- Topcat profile would be cool as well as flightplan import out of PFPX

- Please continue in development, this plane has great potential

Agreed!

btw, You need to start first with a default plane at origin airport, then, change to AS CRJ, 

how to hide yoke? Easy, Above 2nd screen (CPT side, I don't remember the name of that screen ATM) you have a black speed card, if you click there, It hide

this is the design of the crj, nothing that anybody can fix :P

About the sharpness, with a fresh install of p3d (no tweak like pta, urp, reshade, etc...) everything is perfect.

Archived