Weeze not P3D v4 :( :( :(

Was

I am sorry to read Weeze X will not be updated. I am sad but I understand.

Is it maybe possible to post the list of 200+ projects that will be updated somewhere online so you can check if your products are on it?

Also I made a request for Eindhoven in the request topic. Can anyone tell me if it stands any chance at all?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The following list is getting constantly updated:

The process to decide for an update takes time, the add-on in question needs to be tested, there needs to be an evaluation of what an update would cost (in terms of resources+money) and the update must be phased in into the road map with all the external developers AS have. Then, and only then answer can be given if/when an update most likely will become available. And that's the moment when the above given list is getting updated.

With 200+ add-ons this entire process (even before doing the actual update) is a very time consuming task.

Aside from the given compatibility list AS is usually not giving any information, because in most cases it is simply not available yet.

I wouldn't count on that list being published. Some people are taking a posting on that list as a promise, and that can never be. Some products may have some code in it that is not P3D V4 compatible and therefor cannot be updated. You only figure that out once you try it.

Regarding Eindhoven, the chance is unfortunately very small. Eindhoven is a military airport and the Dutch military is very strict about taking pictures and using ground textures. I wouldn't call it impossible, but I wouldn't count on it too much either. It's a shame because Eindhoven is very high on my wishlist as well.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, PatrickZ said:

I wouldn't count on that list being published. Some people are taking a posting on that list as a promise, and that can never be.

Patrick, you are well aware of the relevant list here. So instead of speculating just point to that list. That would very much help stopping rumours, which are based on no insight knowledge, to spread around.

50 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Patrick, you are well aware of the relevant list here. So instead of speculating just point to that list. That would very much help stopping rumours, which are based on no insight knowledge, to spread around.

I was talking about the list of 200+ projects, not the list you already pointed to before me. Indeed, I am very well aware of that list as does the topic starter seem to be. However there are much less than 200 items on that list. The topic starter wanted to know about which of the over 200 projects are not yet on that list you pointed to but will be there eventually.

The answer to that question is of course unknown to me, I do not know which projects will be updated and which won't other than the ones already on the published list. But as stated that list is far from complete, there are projects that will be updated that aren't on that list yet. The topic starter wanted to know about that, but we both pointed out that that information cannot be given.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sooo...because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived