Retract/Extend Flap Speed on Speed Tape

generale84

Hi

The speed tape have marker for flaps exection speed during landing?

I note a GREEN BAR on speedtape.

Don't find any indication on Documentations; are this bars useful for know how retract ad extend flaps after TO and durin APPR?

Green bar is just a reference that was required for type certification and represents 1.27 above the stall speed.  There are no flap reference speeds.  The high speed cue will appear as flaps are moved to indicate upper limit of flap speed.  The speeds we use are 230 for 1 and 8, 210 for flaps 20 185 for flaps 30 and 170 for flaps 45.  

• 2 months later...
On 8/8/2017 at 12:43 PM, Ak47e6 said:

Green bar is just a reference that was required for type certification and represents 1.27 above the stall speed.  There are no flap reference speeds.  The high speed cue will appear as flaps are moved to indicate upper limit of flap speed.  The speeds we use are 230 for 1 and 8, 210 for flaps 20 185 for flaps 30 and 170 for flaps 45.  

Your flap 20 speed sounds like an airline specific speed and not the manufacturer. I'd hope we're using manufacturer speeds in the sim.

Correct because we use the 700/900 company set flaps 20 speed at 210 which was the lowest comman denominator between the two aircraft. That way we didn't have to remember 2 sets of flaps speeds

4 hours ago, Ak47e6 said:

Correct because we use the 700/900 company set flaps 20 speed at 210 which was the lowest comman denominator between the two aircraft. That way we didn't have to remember 2 sets of flaps speeds

Ok, I was just checking. I assumed aerosoft would use the manufacturer speed. As far as airline restricted speeds, i've never heard of it being set to something different because it's easier to remember. On the 200 for example, one of airlines I've flown for restricted deployment of flaps 8 and 20 on the 200 to 200 kts, but you could speed up to the manufacturer recommended speed afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer
vor 9 Stunden , Propane sagte:

Still don't get it... The 900 has a flap 20 limit of 220kts and the 700 has 230kts.

My QRH has the same flap speeds for both models. No difference. Are the 220/230 numbers based on Bombardier documentation?

• Developer

OK, after checking several more QRHs, I can confirm the 230 for flaps 20 in the -700 and 220 in the -705 and -900. I think -700 and -705 were mixed up here at some point. We'll change the texture and the speed tapes for the next version.

Archived