SP1 Request for additional FMS functionality

Hi Hans,

Are there plans for added features in the FMS with SP1?  I would like to request if possible a few FMS features...specifically being able to enter Pilot Defined Waypoints on the LEGS page during flight.

1.  Offset waypoints - A waypoint that is offset from an existing waypoint on the flight path (Offset Along a Track) ex. 

2.  Bearing and Distance - being able to enter a waypoint that is defined by Bearing and Distance from another waypoint (ex. Entering LARVA 110/13 into the scratchpad creates a waypoint from the 110 bearing and 13 nm from LARVA...the FMS assigns a name for the pilot defined waypoint...LAR01 for example)

3.  Bearing and Bearing - being able to enter a waypoint that is defined as the intersection created by a bearing from two different waypoints (ex. Entering LARVA128/DALEY 235 into scratchpad creates a waypoint from the 128 degree bearing of LARVA and the 235 degree bearing from DALEY...the FMS assigns a name for the waypoint...LAR02 for example)

4.  Latitude and Longitude - being able to enter a waypoint that is defined by Latitude and Longitude

Number 2 and 3 above would be my biggest request as having the ability to do this is almost required for online atc flying.  I did notice in the AS CRJ FMS manual that it also looked like we had the ability to type in an INTC CRS on the LEGS page, but in the sim that option was not available...only DIRECT to was available.  Thanks for considering!

• Aerosoft

Connected Flight Deck is very high on our list, but it is a combined combination with the Airbus team (and some dev teams from other companies). So a lot has to be taken into account. And no, you can't have one pilot fly an Airbus and the other a Boeing, lol.

Archived