Where to get 1.0.0.5?

PMDG recommends NOT loading the default aircraft all the way into the sim first. Read the PMDG Intro Manual for any addon back at least to the NGX and you'll see that THEY deem it is "not a factual conception." They do recommend having a default aircraft (I'm on FSX so I have the trike as my "default" flight") as the default flight. As with FSLabs, they say it's okay to load from the "Fly Now" screen (FSX) as long as there is a default plane saved as the "Default." I've never had a problem with any add on in the last 10 years where I needed to load all the way into the sim before changing aircraft. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, adamant365 said:

I've never had a problem with any add on in the last 10 years where I needed to load all the way into the sim before changing aircraft.

Neither did I. But there are people who do and that's why we recommend to load everything with a default aircraft first. It's a decision that was made from decades of experience in order to provide a safe way of loading for everyone. We introduced it for the CRJ after a bunch of mystery CTDs that weren't reproducable but went away when a different aircraft as loaded first.

2 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Neither did I. But there are people who do and that's why we recommend to load everything with a default aircraft first. It's a decision that was made from decades of experience in order to provide a safe way of loading for everyone. We introduced it for the CRJ after a bunch of mystery CTDs that weren't reproducable but went away when a different aircraft as loaded first.

Thanks for the reply. I will continue to load the CRJ from the "Fly Now" screen but definitely keep a watchful eye out. If I'm seeing issues (not-previously reported) I'll load the CRJ on top of a default from within the sim itself. 

vor 44 Minuten, adamant365 sagte:

PMDG recommends NOT loading the default aircraft all the way into the sim first. Read the PMDG Intro Manual for any addon back at least to the NGX and you'll see that THEY deem it is "not a factual conception." They do recommend having a default aircraft (I'm on FSX so I have the trike as my "default" flight") as the default flight. As with FSLabs, they say it's okay to load from the "Fly Now" screen (FSX) as long as there is a default plane saved as the "Default." I've never had a problem with any add on in the last 10 years where I needed to load all the way into the sim before changing aircraft. 

A quote of the 777 document "PMDG 777 P3D Tutorial #1":

Do not use the 777 or any other complex addon aircraft as your default or you will likely have problems loading the 777.

But I have never experienced problems by loading a complex addon directly at startup to be honest. Anyway, I think we should keep the focus on the thread.

5 minutes ago, Airbus666 said:

A quote of the 777 document "PMDG 777 P3D Tutorial #1":

But I have never experienced problems by loading a complex addon directly at startup to be honest. Anyway, I think we should keep the focus on the thread.

That statement "as your default" means on the startup screen, not load all the way up in the sim. So starting the sim with the F22 spinning around completes the goal of having a built in aircraft as default, and loading the 777 after selecting it in the list is totally fine.

6 minutes ago, Airbus666 said:

Anyway, I think we should keep the focus on the thread

The P3Dv4 installer is refusing to copy some of the required files. It's being worked on and I hope that we're able to provide you with the mythical 1.0.0.5 asap.

Thanks for the heads up Hans.

I for one have been truly amazed with the speed at which issues have been found and corrected, especially considering @Hans Hartmann is the only one manipulating the code. And the fact you have added the "Turn" panel state at such an early stage is really appreciated. I have one tiny request in that vein...in the FMS/CDU, a "Default" state can be selected. Is there any possibility that user created panel states could be linked? Currently, clicking the "<-- Default" button merely steps through the built in panel states. If that option could call the user saved states, that would be A+++ because then we could have unlimited options. It's not a huge thing because obviously I can have the default be the "Hans-Built" turn scenario as the default and then select one I customize, but just a minor immersion detail that would be nice.

5 minutes ago, adamant365 said:

in the FMS/CDU, a "Default" state can be selected. Is there any possibility that user created panel states could be linked?

That's planned but not yet on the "to do immediately" list. But surely for SP1.

3 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

That's planned but not yet on the "to do immediately" list. But surely for SP1.

Perfect, that's all we can ask for. It really isn't a major thing. Fine tuning the other systems comes first. Loving the support for the CRJ, by the way :D. It's all we get at my home airport (KLEX) minus a Delta mainline or two per day + Allegiant. I've been looking forward to the CRJ since the very beginning of the project. Definitely NOT disappointed so far. Thanks for sticking with it!

Vor 1 Stunde, Hans Hartmann sagte:

The P3Dv4 installer is refusing to copy some of the required files. It's being worked on and I hope that we're able to provide you with the mythical 1.0.0.5 asap.

No stress here.

I have actually stopped flying the CRJ, hoping the next patch would be a fix for me an issue i repeatedly have with the GS.. I am unable to capture it. It keeps blinking incessantly and never locks onto the actual Glide Slope.

I must have had about 5 to 7 goes at this with.LOC is firm . Unless of course there is something I forgot to do and am a complete idiot (Always possible).

if you input the arrival runway and are on the FMS  the correct frequency does show up. It does capture the LOC just not the GS. I have not changed anything nor added frequencies to NAV 1 because I assumed the FMS was doing the approach as it had the correct frequency

So I should see a 1.0.0.5 in my downloads on my aerosoft profile? I only have my original download still available there, 1.0.0.4

14 minutes ago, raykhughes said:

if you input the arrival runway and are on the FMS  the correct frequency does show up. It does capture the LOC just not the GS. I have not changed anything nor added frequencies to NAV 1 because I assumed the FMS was doing the approach as it had the correct frequency

The same thing is happening to me except the FMA says it's captured the GS, but the plane just flies straight and level. I actually fly this aircraft for an airline and I know its set up correctly, but for some reason, it isn't working for me either.

And to add to this topic.. I do start the Simulator with a default microsoft aircraft and have noticed some oddities depending on which default aircraft I choose to start with.

In my case, if I choose the Beech or the Powered wing I tend to get gltiches and some things do not work such as the Flight Controls do not remove using the Shift Q nor the mouse button on the Speed warning panel. If I start with the default airbus 321 things like removing the controls work correctly?? Go figure.

1 hour ago, ReconB4 said:

So I should see a 1.0.0.5 in my downloads on my aerosoft profile? I only have my original download still available there, 1.0.0.4

The same thing is happening to me except the FMA says it's captured the GS, but the plane just flies straight and level. I actually fly this aircraft for an airline and I know its set up correctly, but for some reason, it isn't working for me either.

How about providing the files within a .zip in the meanwhile... without any installer? I think it was made like that for ?1.0.0.3? before the installer was updated?

5 hours ago, raykhughes said:

I have actually stopped flying the CRJ, hoping the next patch would be a fix for me an issue i repeatedly have with the GS.. I am unable to capture it. It keeps blinking incessantly and never locks onto the actual Glide Slope.

I must have had about 5 to 7 goes at this with.LOC is firm . Unless of course there is something I forgot to do and am a complete idiot (Always possible).

You use P3D v4, right? The glideslope issue is a (confirmed) bug in P3D itself. I'm sorry that I can't give you more information on this.

11 minutes ago, Airbus666 said:

Exactly, for us active people it could be a pre-solution to provide it as a zip-file. :)

I just tested the installer again and it was OK this time. It shouldn't be long now.

Archived