Where to get 1.0.0.5?

Hello I click the "clickspot" as soon as I load the CRJ after loading the default aircraft. Then select cold & dark or whatever setup you use to configure your flight. I hope that helps until we get a fix. Take care and happy flying. 

v/r

ROMAN78

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, andyman977 said:

I noticed the hotfix didn't include anything about fixing the broken "hide yoke" clickspot. Can we expect that to be fixed in the future?

4 hours ago, medic1030 said:

Yes I'm really having an issue with this. It never works in the 700, though it does work in the 900 usually. In the meantime does anybody know a reasonable work-around to be able to adjust the captain's side panel? On the ground I just push the yoke out of the way, but of course this isn't possible in the air.

this is because it works if you follow the manuals. Load a default aircraft first. Start flight, then load 700 or 900, and you will never have this issue. 

4 hours ago, andyman977 said: I noticed the hotfix didn't include anything about fixing the broken "hide yoke" clickspot. Can we expect that to be fixed in the future?

4 hours ago, medic1030 said: Yes I'm really having an issue with this. It never works in the 700, though it does work in the 900 usually. In the meantime does anybody know a reasonable work-around to be able to adjust the captain's side panel? On the ground I just push the yoke out of the way, but of course this isn't possible in the air.

this is because it works if you follow the manuals. Load a default aircraft first. Start flight, then load 700 or 900, and you will never have this issue. 

Not true. Myself and others have loaded different aircraft and than the CRJ and have issues with hiding the yoke. This is from users using all version of Flightsim. Myself, it's 50/50 if I can hide it after loading default.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

No it doesn't. Aerosoft has acknowledged this to be an issue. I do follow the manuals. I always load a default aircraft first and then the CRJ. The problem persists. It's inconsistent though.

4 hours ago, ROMAN78 said:

Hello I click the "clickspot" as soon as I load the CRJ after loading the default aircraft. Then select cold & dark or whatever setup you use to configure your flight. I hope that helps until we get a fix. Take care and happy flying. 

v/r

ROMAN78

In the meantime I'll try that. Thanks!

FWIW, if the yoke is stuck during a flight, I've found that you can see the baro knob and stuff fairly easily if you go to the "Dave" virtual cockpit view, and then pan to the right a bit.

Seems to work better if you load the yellow Piper cub, then the CRJ. My default scenario is with the Beech B58. Yoke hides 50% if the time if I use that one, most of the time if I use the Piper. Who knows why?

P3Dv4 here.

I usually load the A36 first and then switch to the CRJ. However, I have switched to loading it directly (other than explained in the manual) to track down potential issues. However, I recommend that you don't do that.

1.0.0.5 was held back because of an issue that appeared during installer test at Aerosoft. I hope it's going to be available at some time today.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The manual says it ;)

And on a more serious level: most complex add-ons handle such way of loading up much better than getting loaded immediately. That has a lot to do with having the sim still not completely started while the add-on is also getting loaded. This can cause lots of unwanted side effects which can all be easily prevented by loading into a default plane first.

42 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The manual says it ;)

And on a more serious level: most complex add-ons handle such way of loading up much better than getting loaded immediately. That has a lot to do with having the sim still not completely started while the add-on is also getting loaded. This can cause lots of unwanted side effects which can all be easily prevented by loading into a default plane first.

Actually, at this point I know of zero addons that require you to load a default aircraft first. (Except the crj)

it it used to be a "thing" years ago but PMDG, Majestc, A2A have no issues with this anymore and you can easily load from the scenario start screen.

In fact, I recall the Realair developers on an avsim thread categorically stating that this was a thing from the past and was not required. 

Of course, it's not a big deal. Just have to remember to do it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When starting up multiple complex systems at the same time, it is in general not a bad idea to separate these processes from each other as good as possible.

Just now, blahhh said:

This is a recommendation. Just do not do it if you don't want.

I only do it after met an issue to check if it came from me.

I think its a must with the CRJ otherwise issues occur like the non hiding of the yoke etc. 

7 minutes ago, Airbus666 said:

PMDG recommend it as well ...

Yep. And FSLabs... pretty much any complex airliner you need to load - just load the default first to avoid problems.

1 hour ago, gjharrall said:

Actually, at this point I know of zero addons that require you to load a default aircraft first. (Except the crj)

it it used to be a "thing" years ago but PMDG, Majestc, A2A have no issues with this anymore and you can easily load from the scenario start screen.

In fact, I recall the Realair developers on an avsim thread categorically stating that this was a thing from the past and was not required. 

Of course, it's not a big deal. Just have to remember to do it.

that true but after years of updates. Know a days PMDG actually recommends load first a default aircraft if you don't do it a message warning appears on the screen.

1 hour ago, gjharrall said:

I think its a must with the CRJ otherwise issues occur like the non hiding of the yoke etc. 

I had the yoke issue occasionally after starting a flight with a default plane first. Just as occasionally it was possible to load the CRJ from the free flight screen and still be able to hide the yoke later.

The only thing I really avoid is a startup situation where a complex plane already spins on the free flight screen. Everything else is basically optional.

1 minute ago, Eduard Gasull said:

that true but after years of updates. Know a days PMDG actually recommends load first a default aircraft if you don't do it a message warning appears on the screen.

Appears when a complex plane had been loaded before (could even be the same plane, but a different livery).

If a default plane spins in the free flight screen, and you load a PMDG plane there, no message pops up.

Even PMDG still DOES recommend it. They don't require the user to load the sim all the way to where a default aircraft is sitting on the ramp before loading one of their models - but they do specify that users should use a standard FSX/P3D aircraft as the stored "default flight" in the FSX/P3D.cfg file.

Once the default aircraft loads on the scenario start screen and appears in the preview window THEN it is safe to load one of their add-ons - either directly from the aircraft selection list, or via a saved scenario.

I can confirm from experience that trying to make the PMDG 737/777/747 the stored default flight (i.e. loading directly to it), can have bad results.

Jim Barrett

Is there a preferred default plane?  Mine is one of the fighter jets, possibly F18.  I don't recall making it the default plane so I am going to assume the sim did that at install.  

I don't know if one is "best" or not. When I had FSX I used the default Cessna 172. In P3D I use the Maule 260. In both cases, my default flight starts with engine running, parking brake set, and battery and avionics master switches on.

Jim Barrett

Archived