Auto spoiler failed to engage

At the end of the last two flights the auto spoilers have failed to engage.  Plane was set up correctly for landing with the switch in the "auto" position.  The flight was flawless until landing.   Is there any certain configuration beside the arming swithch that dictates under which circumstance the spoilers will engage?  They worked during the flight both manually and during normal turns.  My next flight I will try the "manual auto" and see if they engage.  Speed at touch down was approximately 138 knots.  

P3dV4

Win.7

As a side note, it seems that every time I set up to make a flight there is a different issue to correct such as the Yoke won't hide when it has at other times.  I have had to reset controls on the yoke or throttle quadrant when no adjustments have been made to them between flights.  Yoke twitches when it did not on the previous flight. I sometimes have to go to Dave and hit the "ready to taxi" button to turn on everything on the PFD after doing a start from "cold and dark".  I report this just to bring attention to the erratic behavior of the plane.  It seems that not everything is turning on with the sim.  I can always make the corrections but sometimes that includes restarting the sim.  I have even begun restarting the computer before each flight in an attempt to give a clean startup.  Once it is all set up it flies great other than the problem listed above.  Don't know if anyone else is having these issues or if it is just me.

spoilers works very well, check your throttle axis calibration,  it must be full idle power to this works. So my recomendations is:

1. check calibration.

2. do not touch anithing about spoilers as auto is selected by default.

3. select FLTC page to monitor if the spoilers deploy.

4. if you are not sure throttel is idel press F1

5. also check reverse power is armed on both engines via the knobs in the lef side of pedestal.

Hi Eduard.   I have checked calibration, in fact, before the flights since my yoke was twitching.  I have sensitivity at max and null just a bit off max to stop the twitching.  I did monitor the FLTC page to confirm that they had not deployed.  Reverse power checked and armed.

#4.  I will certainly monitor this one.  I use Saitek throttle and it is typically very accurate.  I pull it into idle position and then to reverse.  That said, given the issues I have been having with some strange anomalies that I mentioned in my earlier post....that may indeed be the culprit.  I will do some testing tomorrow.  

Thanks for your input.  I appreciate it.

5 hours ago, kenthom said:

I use Saitek throttle and it is typically very accurate

I use that too and it's all but certainly not very accurate ;)

We had quite a few reports on the auto-spoilers during beta testing. And in each case it turned out to be a result of throttle calibration. Only when I added a little null zone on my side (in the auto-spoiler code), the isses went away. What Eduard says about pressing F1 is a good idea. I had to do the same during tests with an uncalibrated throttle.

Thanks Hans.  I appreciate your subtle humor.  What I meant was, as accurate as you can probably get with Saitek.  I use it with PMDG and A2A and have no problems with the simple actions it is expected to make.  LOL.   I will continue to tweek it and calibrate to get the best that I can out of it.  

Archived