Have your "virtual" co-pilot manage your throttles?!

Go fly a classic like the 727/737-100/200 where you have no idea where you're at unless you have high altitude charts, no autothrottle, no fmc, no moving map and can only use Control wheel steering and a basic autopilot.. The CRJ will seem like a piece of cake after that.

29 minutes ago, ajpongress said:

It's really not that busy. You set TOGA, then you go one detent down to climb...and it sits there until you get to your cruise alt where you can quickly find the throttle setting you want to hold airspeed.

You're making it sound like not having autothrottle is creating an impossible workload and its really not.

Yeah, it would be a nice feature to have...but this plane isn't about that. There isn't an autothrottle on the PMDG JS41, or the RealAir Duke, and plenty of people loves those planes and fly them without complaining about a "high workload".

I have the JS41 - great aircraft  - really enjoy it. Guess I am just an older Simmer and real world private pilot (retired) who struggles with bumbling fingers, but I find I over speed a lot even when the throttle is the CLB detent, even with Set speed at V2 +10 and it just blows past the numbers on occasion - maybe there is some fixes on the way because I dont think it is just me ??

19 minutes ago, tyacono said:

Go fly a classic like the 727/737-100/200 where you have no idea where you're at unless you have high altitude charts, no autothrottle, no fmc, no moving map and can only use Control wheel steering and a basic autopilot.. The CRJ will seem like a piece of cake after that.

Yes I agree. I do have the Milviz 737 200 and its a beauty but I don't fly it often enough because following the VORs after a while frustrates the heck out of me so I mainly do takeoffs and landings for fun. The main reason is you have to commit time to do this and monitor it closely and lets face it,  a lot of the flight between VOR's is boring. (smile)

I might add that the CRJ is a fine aircraft and I am enjoying it tremendously  - and once all the FMC bugs are ironed out, I will enjoy it more no doubt.

5 hours ago, raykhughes said:

I have the JS41 - great aircraft  - really enjoy it. Guess I am just an older Simmer and real world private pilot (retired) who struggles with bumbling fingers, but I find I over speed a lot even when the throttle is the CLB detent, even with Set speed at V2 +10 and it just blows past the numbers on occasion - maybe there is some fixes on the way because I dont think it is just me ??

Hmmm. In that case if you are on speed mode, the aircraft should control the airspeed using pitch and you should never overspeed during climb. What climb rate are you getting in that situation?

Archived