Fluctuation in Frames

Hi I was reading the post below about someone saying they had a fluctuation in fps which was causing stutters. 

I am also having this issue, they jump from 50-150 while in outside view and at high altitude. 

I noticed that mathijs said this has been answers in a different thread but I'm having trouble finding it sorry

Cheers for the link. 

Im glad they are aware of the issue. 

I tried the exact same flight, weather, time etc but with the ngx and it was smooth. The frames were only jumping between 30-60 fps. 

In in the cockpit of the CRJ it's pretty smooth because the fps jumps between 20-40. 

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, camo50206 said:

I might need to tweet something then as the frames jump quite a bit which is causing the stutters.

I have never seen a fluctuating framerate cause stutters, in fact it should prevent them as the sim is not artificially throttled. Anyway, we do not intend to change that behavior, sorry.

Ok thank you for the reply.

Do you use any external programmes like nvidia inspector to limit your fps?

I have mine set to unlimited in p3dv4 because using the in built frame limiter causes me to lose frames. 

Im just trying to think of ways of controlling the fluctuation 

limit FPS make sim more stable as the sim save resources to make other things at least this is the theory . true its with CRJ unlimited frame rate means more frames. But i always make my frame lock  with other planes to 60.

• Aerosoft

I know the theory, I have just never seen even the slightest advantage and the few times we checked it side by side the only effect we saw was lower fps. But as with so many 'tweaks'  people to to the sim, if you believe in it it is probably worthwhile!

Archived