SIDs, STARS creating duplicate waypoints

It seems I get duplicate waypoints when entering routes into the FMC.  For example, my route tonight was OKASI UL612 OKEPI R28 MOU MOU5N and what I end up with is MOU appearing twice.  I can understand why this would happen but I've never seen this happen before with any other aircraft.  It seems to me that when ever your route ends on the same waypoint that a STAR begins with (or visa versa for a SID) that the FMC recognizes this and only creates one instance of that waypoint.  R28 ended at MOU and the MOU5N arrival also started at MOU and thus MOU appeared twice in succession when it shouldn't.

The reason I am bringing this up is that TOD was exactly where I had calculated it should be prior to deleting the duplicate waypoint.  I deleted the first MOU as the second one was entered as part of the STAR and I didn't know if the FMS would be troubled if I deleted that one.  After deleting the first MOU and executing the change, TOD was recalculated well farther into the procedure than it should have been.  In fact, I was cruising at FL290 and the first constraint was FL250B and it put TOD after that.

I'm not sure if the problem is me or the plane.  Perhaps the duplicate waypoint is just a CRJ idiosyncrasy that we just deal with?

I meet exactly the same issue.

route from LFLC to LFRS : RISU8E RISUN R66 LUGEN LUGE1A

I removed the last wpt of the route because it was duplicated with the first wpt of the star and the TOD was moved just before the final  (outside the path, juste before ALBAN).

Please login to display this image.

Is fixed for the next revision.

One additional note on this: When you check LEGS page 1/n you'll see a field "SEQUENCE" with the possible values "AUTO" and "INHIBIT" below. For auto-sequencing (aka changing MOU-MOU or MOU-DISCO-MOU to just MOU), this needs to be set to AUTO. Otherwise you have to remove the unneeded waypoints manually.

I had the same issue with duplicate waypoints and tod that was too late.  As I approached the airport and added a direct to IAF a CTD happened.  FSX steam landing at Fly Tampa CYUL.

On 7.8.2017 at 6:05 PM, Jaas said:

I had the same issue with duplicate waypoints and tod that was too late

Please understand that it's issues like these here that actually mess up the VNAV calculation. So, I'm focussing on solving the LNAV issues first. That automatically sorts most of the VNAV issues as well.

On 8/7/2017 at 11:44 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Is fixed for the next revision.

One additional note on this: When you check LEGS page 1/n you'll see a field "SEQUENCE" with the possible values "AUTO" and "INHIBIT" below. For auto-sequencing (aka changing MOU-MOU or MOU-DISCO-MOU to just MOU), this needs to be set to AUTO. Otherwise you have to remove the unneeded waypoints manually.

Great job fixing that quickly. But I have to say...Bombardier/Collins sure have some odd ideas for their systems implementations. There are several oddities in the CRJ (as we all know now). It is very refreshing to have a sim that has oddities, imo. Puts some excitement back into it. I honestly hadn't launched FSX in several months but as soon as the CRJ was released (I was among those eyeing it from the VERY beginning with DA) I fired FSX back up. 

Archived