Yoke does not turn when Autopilot engaged

When using heading select(or NAV) in autopilot mode the yoke does not turn.  I can tune in a 90 degree turn to either left or right, the airplane starts a 25° bank and flies the turn but the yoke does not move (small movements but no turn).  

I'm assuming it was not modeled in this package to avoid too much complex code.  Am I correct???

• Deputy Sheriffs

The yoke could move maybe a bit more yes. But it does not move like an B737 in manual flight for example. 

Ok thanks.  So the same turn made manually(with autopilot disengaged) will show 5x the yoke deflection???  Even if made as smoothly as autopilot?  When in 25° bank, the yoke is completely vertical (AP mode) as in straight and level flight.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Jaas said:

When in 25° bank, the yoke is completely vertical (AP mode) as in straight and level flight.

Well, as soon as you have the bank you want you do not need any rollrate anymore. So yes, the yoke should be "vertical" then. The yoke is not like a steering wheel in a car you know. 

Ok Frank, I see your point.  I appreciate your quick reply to my questions and sharing your knowledge with all of us.  Thanks to you and everyone at Aerosoft for this fantastic package.

Archived