Problem with Addon Manager & FlorenceX

EDOT-TH

Hello,

I have a problem concerning the Addon Manager. I think it is the same one which Cloud9 is using, right? I hate this thing :D

My problem is, that I had to reinstall my FSX due to problems with the Level-D and its uninstall routine. Before the reinstall I had Bergen from cloud9 but since I did the complete reinstalltion of FSX and all Addons I can't get the Addon Manager to show up in the menue. Cloud9 offers no support or don't want to help me. And now you use the same Addon Manager :?

When I start the scenery in the addons menu is just an entry of FSUIPC (latest version) but no Addon Manager. Even my FSDiscovery vanished since the installation of FlorenceX and the Addon Manager.

What can I do. Please don't say Reinstallation of FSX or format c:/ :D

Tim

When I start the scenery in the addons menu is just an entry of FSUIPC (latest version) but no Addon Manager. Even my FSDiscovery vanished since the installation of FlorenceX and the Addon Manager.

I can only confirm FSUIPC and Addon Manager works together without problems. Never tried FS Discover, but you can try to diagnose a possible incompatibility between modules by using your DLL.XML file, found at %APPDATA%MicrosoftFSX, there are specific commands to disable a module:

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

You can start by disabling all modules except bglmanx.dll and see if it loads.

If not, please check you have Visual C++ 2005 SP1 (note SP1) runtimes installed. These should automatically installed by FlorenceX installation, to confirm they have, go into Control Panel, select the installed Programs list, look for a "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable", and look at the bottom of the screen the version, it should be 8.0.56336, if it's something else, this means the installation didn't complete. In this case, you can download the runtimes here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

If still doesn't work, it might be helpful to have a look at the content of your DLL.XML file.

Thank you for your reply.

I searched for this DLL.xml file but can't find it. I searched under C:Dokumente und EinstellungenAll UsersAnwendungsdatenMicrosoftFSX ... nothing there.

Also tried the windows search but it does not find a file named DLL.xm

My Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable version is 8.0.50727.42. First thing I will do is to download the file from the link you gave me. But what should I do because the missing DLL.xml?

Thank you for your time!

Tim

I searched for this DLL.xml file but can't find it.

As I've said, it's under %APPDATA%MicrosoftFSX, just press the "Start" button, select "Run" (I'm referring to Windows English version, I think you'll figure out in German), type %APPDATA%MicrosoftFSX, press Enter, it should show the correct folder.

My Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable version is 8.0.50727.42. First thing I will do is to download the file from the link you gave me.

I'm sure this one will fix your problem. For a reason, the FlorenceX installer wasn't able to automatically update your VC++ runtimes. that's why Addon Manager doesn't run. Installing manually should solve the issue.

Hello,

tried it with the new Microsoft Visual C++ 2005. Now it works! Thank you for your support!! Now I like the Addon Manager :D

(I hope this will help me with my "Bergen" problem as well 8) )

Thank you so much!

Tim

edit: also found now the DLL.xml

• Aerosoft
Hello,

I have a problem concerning the Addon Manager. I think it is the same one which Cloud9 is using, right? I hate this thing :D

My problem is, that I had to reinstall my FSX due to problems with the Level-D and its uninstall routine. Before the reinstall I had Bergen from cloud9 but since I did the complete reinstalltion of FSX and all Addons I can't get the Addon Manager to show up in the menue. Cloud9 offers no support or don't want to help me. And now you use the same Addon Manager :?

What can I do. Please don't say Reinstallation of FSX or format c:/ :D

Tim

Good to see the problem is solved but I like to add one small comment. the Addon Manager we use is indeed the same as Cloud9 uses. But it is a development of Virtuali and I am convinced Virtuali will support it the moment Aerosoft is not able to solve the issue.

I am very serious when I say that as far as we know there is not a single customer who is not able to use a product we sold them because of lack of support.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I was and I am always satisfied with the support of Aerosoft and when I had a problem with one of your products I know that I will get help here. In fact my problem with FlorenceX or lets say with the addon manager was solved here within minutes. Thats great but unfortunatley not all offer such a great support. The fact I see the usage of the Addon Manger a little bit sceptic is just my problem with the scenery Bergen. I just can't get it to run again. But thats not one of your products and therefor you can't help me with it.

But again, the reason I mostly buy products from you "unseen" is the fact, that support here is just great.

edit: Ah, just found the sticky thread to the problem. Seems it was a mixture of problems for me. I missed the correct version of the MS runtime component and now the different versions of the addon manager :D

So you helped me even with Bergen. Thanks!

But I also don't want that Umberto gets me wrong. I think the Addon Manager is a great thing to manage the addons and to test them. Unfortunately I had the problems due to lack of the runtime component and I asked cloud9 for help but did not realize that the addon manager is a seperat product. So I mixed up my dissapointment about cloud9 with Virtuali and there Addon Manager. Sorry for that!

But thats a different story and not for this forum! :)

I've got the same problem and it really sucks, I tried all you wrote.

I've made two pictures:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6077/so...reintrgeuq0.jpg

http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fsxordnerll9.jpg

I have the right version, but it woud still not work.

I'm really ######ed, in the buyguide is written ""... the latest version does not cause any problems"

I uninstalled an reinstalled the software a few times, but everytime the same, I have no Add-On Manager entry or something like that. I'm a expirienced FS user, but I can't solve the problem.

I just fixed the problem. I have downloaded the newest version of the add-on manager from the cloud9 website (Version 2.20 for FSX with SP1) and xcityrome and now the add-on manager works fine. I woud say the florenceX Team did a bad job in conrast to cloud9. this trouble could be prevent by the florence x team before the release

There was a problem with previous Addon Manager that prevented an easy installation under Vista. The new version developed just in time for FlorenceX has now fixed the issue.

Due to this, this new version introduced a backward compatibility problem, only for users with Cloud9 sceneries already installed, getting a message requesting to update their Cloud9 stuff. This, and only *this* issue, will be fixed by updating the Addon Manager from Cloud9, nothing else. The advice is posted on this forum as a sticky, so it should be quite noticeable.

The issue of not having the VC++ runtimes updated, instead, it's a different one, and it's not fixed by Cloud9 installer. In fact, it's exactly the opposite: Aerosoft installer DOES contain the latest VC++ runtimes, while Cloud9's doesn't.

Is still not clear why, on some machines, the automatic installation of VC++ runtimes included in the Aerosoft installer doesn't update the files (it certainly did on all machines we tested before release), but it can't be fixed by the Cloud9 installer, since this one doesn't even come with those files in the first place.

Now, apart for the embarassing situation of comparing the XCityRome team against the FlorenceX team and how much better the XCityRome team really is ( I suggest reading the credits for both sceneries...), keep in mind that what might seems like an annoyance, it's due to the fact the Addon Manager has been updated to be much more user-friendly, since it now plays nice with Vista DEP and UAC, and it's 64-bit compatibile.

Since the module it's the same for both companies, we managed to make this release available simultaneously on both sites, with the only requirement that each company would have to supply the database related to their own products in its own installer.

I think that this was the best possible time to get rid of those remaining issues of the Addon Manager, so we now have a much reliable program, that will benefit users of products coming from either publisher.

Hello,

I downloaded FlorenceX yesterday afternoon, and after many hours of trying to find a solution, I have yet been able to purchase the full product due to not being able to view the Add-on manager in the drop-down box in FSX.

I originally noted that my Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable version was not correct. So i updated that, via the link provided, which should now match with the correct version but the Addon manager option still does not appear in the drop down menu.

Tonight I have installed the Addon Manager V2.2 from Cloud9 (Even though i do not have any Cloud9 scenery installed) but still no luck.

Please can you help as I am eager to purchase this scenery but until i find a solution, I cannot become one of your customers.

I must also say that i have been in touch with Shaun (Aerosoft) via e-mail over the last 24 hours who providing great support by offering me different solutions such as checking the dll.xml etc. (as i see it is also mentioned in this post) but unfortunately, still no luck but i thought id post here in case anyone would offer some support. (I am still grateful for Shauns continuing replies)

Regards,

Chris

PS; I understand that the Demo version lasts for about 7 minutes but I have yet to see any glimpse of the full version at all. Everytime i load FSX at LIRQ, i just see the Ground textures but none of the scenery buildings. My FSX does take a total of about 8 minutes from the moment i start to load FSX to the moment it has finished loading a flight.

Once again, I hope someone can help.

My FSX does take a total of about 8 minutes from the moment i start to load FSX to the moment it has finished loading a flight

This might lead to believe your PC has serious configuration problems. A very good PC should take about 40-50 seconds, a standard value could be maybe 1.5 minutes, but 8 minutes from loading to flying is WAY too much, so you might have a bigger issue that, incidentally, is also preventing you to use the Addon Manager.

One reason could be an antivirus stealing all your resources, perhaps scanning all the files, thuse slowing down so much. I'd start by first trying to disable the antivirus, or explicitely exclude from scanning the FSX folders, with subfolders as well.

There's another thing: it's a known FSX issue that, if two addons are issuing a "trusting request" dialog at start, only one of them will run. So, if you have multiple modules installed, that you haven't flagged as trusted in FSX, only one will run until you trust them all.

You might also want to try this solution:

open FSX.CFG, found under %APPDATA%MicrosoftFSX

Find ALL lines in this file containing bglmanx.dll and DELETE THEM ALL, save the file and restart FSX. Do you get a request to trust the Addon Manager at start, at least ?

Mille Mercis monsieur Virtuali for the link you gave us to the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005.

No more problems with the missing entries in the FSX "addon manager".("compléments" in the french FSX version)

Thank you very much for your help :)

I have no problems with my FSX at all, it runs very well. I scan my anti-virus regularly and do not have any problems in that department. I have tried the dll.xml too but still no luck. I think the reason I have long loading times, is due to the amount of Addon Aircraft, Repaints, AI Aircraft etc. as i know it has gradually become longer with the more i install (Which is natural) but when FSX starts, it runs as smooth as ever. My PC is not bad either.

I have never experienced any problems with installing any other addon software up until this one. If i had the option of installing it manually, i would...but I just cannot get my head round the reason why this Addon Manager will not work.

Its taken me long enough already and Im more and more resigning to the fact that i just cannot purchase this product.

I will try to delete the bglmanx and see what happens (Though I am concerned about deleting things manually as i do not want to create more problems). I have not seen any message to say do i trust FlorenceX as i have done with other addons so far.

Chris

Gommy, I've asked you to do some things. Your startup times are not normal, not even for a fully loaded FSX.

About the antivirus, I haven't questioned the fact you scan regularly or not, I've said this might be a reason for the slow startup times and I asked to try either with the antivirus disabled, or by excluding the FSX folder from scanning. This, apart for the fact that will probably speed up your loading times, might also solve the issue of the Addon Manager not appearing. Have you done that ?

Also, I asked you if there was a request or not to trust the Addon Manager module when starting. If you don't remember if there was, I suggested a way to reset the trusted database in FSX, by editing FSX.CFG. Have you done that ? What's happened ?

And, since you are saying yourself you have plenty of addons installed, it might be helpful having a look at your DLL.XML file what's is installed, to spot for any problems.

And, even if this doesn't work, there are still other option to try to help diagnose your problem. It might be a Simconnect issue and no, the fact the other addons using it works, doens't mean anything. The Addon Manager requires the latest version of Simconnect, and Simconnect it's not an incremental update, it's a WinSxS library, meaning *multiple* version of it can be installed in a system, and run simultaneously in FSX.

This means, if you have an older version of Simconnect installed ok, and all your addons are calling *that* one, because are compiled against that one, they will happily run BUT, if your installation for the new FSX SP1 Simconnect version is, for any reason, incomplete or corrupted, only addons compliled against *this* one will be affected, like the Addon Manager. Because of this, the fact the other addon might run, doesn't indicate your system is 100% fine.

I'm trying helping you finding a problem in your system that certainly is present, refusing to accept its existance will not help you much, and sooner or later it will surface out with another addon.

I did not expect you to reply so quickly as i have since edited my post to say i will try what you suggested.

Whilst i appreciate your help, I am not being ignorant and I am sorry but i do not have as much knowledge of the technicalities of FSX like you do so do try to bare with me.

Chris

After you edited your post, I've seen you are going to try deleting bglmanx.dll.

Please, ensure you don't delete the actual file, but only those lines in FSX.CFG containing a reference to it, save the file, launch FSX and see if it asks for permission to run the module.

If it does, trust the module, let FSX continue loading, when it's done (don't worry if the menu doesn't appear), EXIT from FSX cleanly, and launch it another time.

Hello again,

I have now deleted all lines which refer to the bglmanx.dll in the FSX.cfg, saved, and launched FSX but still no permission to run the Module.

I also tried Running FSX at Florence with my Anti-virus turned off before (and with) the bglmanx lines deleted but still no permission box.

Chris

The fact that you don't have any request with the permission to run the Addon Manager, leads to believe the problem with your Windows config assuming, of course, that bglmanx.dll hasn't been removed, and is referenced to be active in dll.xml

If you don't even see the Windows permission box when starting FSX, the problem is already happening *before* any of the Addon Manager code has even got the chance to start ( the whole point of the security dialog, is to ask the user permission to run executable code before any of this code is executed ).

Please, double check again you have bglmanx.dll and python25.dll in the FSX root folder AND bglmanx.dll is referenced to run in DLL.XML and it hasn't disabled. Also, try to disable all other modules.

Also, check DLL.XML opens correctly in Internet Explorer. This is to exclude any syntax problem with this file, maybe caused by manually editing it, because IE will check for XML syntax before opening. A syntax problem in that file, like an tag not closed, will prevent a module from loading.

I have Windows Vista and tried to install this appearingly great scenery, but I got the same problem: "no addon manager". I have the right Visual C++ version. It's really frustrating. I'd like to be your customer, however, I can't because you want to protect yourself from pirates, but in fact, you are protecting yourself from new customers. Thats sad, considering the promising screenshots of this scenery :-(

An important point: while it's true that *one* of the Addon Manager feature is to handle activation, it's NOT the only one. And, of course, together with activation also comes free Trial, you can't have one without the other.

However, I would like to dispel the notion that the only need for the Addon Manager is the handling of protection+trial, because it's not.

The scenery use Addon Manager for several features totally unrelated to protection:

- FPS: there is a reason why all FSX sceneries done with it have better fps than a standard FSX (even when 100% native) scenery. It's because the Addon Manager handles the objects intelligently, allowing the developer for optimizations that were possibile in FS9, but are no longer possible with standard FSX SDK.

- More interaction with FSX engine, scenery can be notified of runway conditions, weather, time of the day, year, week, and many other condition, and react accordingly, allowing for more features. FlorenceX do not use them all, but the support is there, a the developer's disposal.

- Pseudo-random Events depending on timers

- Automatic detection of airplane type at the gates and automatic detection of the gear position, so you can precisely park any airplane (even 3rd party airplane who doesn't know anything about the scenery ) at the precise spot, without having to unrealistically dial com2 frequencies, and without having to use specifically prepared airplanes.cfg.

I hope this will clarify why the scenery couldn't work without Addon Manager, regardless of the sale/protection/activation issues.

Well sadly im going to have to give up pursuing this scenery any longer as all this amending of coding etc. exceeds my FSX knowledge. Perhaps I have a hidden error somewhere in my system but il just have to deal with it as i hav'nt come across any problems yet.

Thank you for your assistance anyhow.

Chris