Saving Aircraft State...how?

Based on the first manual...my understanding is that I should be able to save a flight, and then after exiting (or after a CTD), load the flight again and continue from the point where I saved the flight (including panel state, FMC, etc).

I have yet to actually have that work for me.  I've had a couple CTD's so far.  Both times I attempted to load the flight from where I had previously saved it (while inflight).  But none of the panel state was restored - the IRS's were not aligned, the FMC wasn't programmed, I believe many of the switches on the overhead panel were not in the state I left them, the autopilot was off, etc.

On the second flight that I had a CTD on, I had also manually saved the panel state on the FMC at the same time as I saved the flight itself.  After loading the flight itself (w/ none of the panel state restored), I tried to load the saved panel state from the FMC.  This didn't seem to have any affect, other than causing both of the FMC's to go blank.

I've tried loading the flight from the Flight menu after starting a new flight (I believe this is how the manual indicates it should be done?)  I also did try loading it from the P3D start screen as well out of curiosity....P3D just instantly crashed for me then.

Has saving / loading a flight while in flight worked for other people?  If so...what are you doing differently?  I'm using P3DV4.

I am running P3DV4 and successfully save and restore a flight . Some setting restore but not all particularly the fms .  A .crj file is created only 7kb large doeas not seem large enogh to store much settings please assist with this is an essential setting .

FWIW I'd definitely agree with this being considered essential.  Saving / loading flights seems to be kind of overlooked sometimes my developers (this is particularly noticeable on XPlane).

If saving a flight works, CTD's are kind of just an annoyance.  If saving / loading a flight doesn't work reliably, then a CTD sorta wastes an hour or two of my time.  If that happens enough, it makes me not really want to fly this plane.

Well, the panelstate itself is causing CTD for me. I tried 3 times now to save a state, and 3 times it carshed. Oh wait, first time it didnt crash but stopped the planes engine after hitting the save "button".

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to save and restore mid flight . According to manual should be automatic . Panel restore is just a backup as some auto saves do not work . I cannot get either to work . Nice to know if it is a bug or just my system.

4 hours ago, cannow said:

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to save and restore mid flight . According to manual should be automatic . Panel restore is just a backup as some auto saves do not work . I cannot get either to work . Nice to know if it is a bug or just my system.

Its not working for me with fsuipc autosave.

not being able to save and reload a flight status is an absolute no-go !!!

There is indeed a possibility to save a panel status via FMC, but 

unfortunately this does not work at all !! .-( 

the panel state save was to be only used if autosave did not work, ie fsuipc I cannot get a standard save in PVDV4 to save and reload correctly or the panel save . Could this be confirmed by the developers   as a bug  .

Archived