Unable to plan YSSY-CYVR with redispatch

Without redispatch, I am able to create a long range B777-300ER FP carrying a full load of 365 px and without extra freight. But when adding in redispatch I am able to carry no more than 71 px. I believe that redispatch is aimed at reducing fuel load but this FP is adding 32,318 kgs labelled RDSP ADD.

With/without redispatch my flight is specified as:

• plan for minimum fuel
  • destination alternate: CYXX
  • ETOPS 330 with NFFN and PHKO as ETP airports

Without redispatch, my flight is:

• release: 116,584 kgs
  • arrival fuel: 11,986 kgs
  • take-off weight: 317,118 kgs

With auto redispatch specified, my flight is:

• redispatch fix: 31N50
  • redispatch airport: PHOG
  • redispatch alternate: PHMU
  • release: 145,475 kgs
  • arrival fuel: 41,160 kgs
  • take-off weight: 319,255 kgs

Can someone confirm my difficulties or indicate where my problem lies, please?

I am trying to create an FP for a video that we are to produce. Until successful we cannot produce any video.

Thanks for any contriutions:D

Hmm I will try running it when I get some time, but in the meantime, I would suggest try doing the redispatch manually - perhaps PHNL or KSFO or something like that - see how you go with a manual selection.

Cheers,

Rudy

Hello Richard,

Try adding an additional EDTO alternate ie NFFN PHKO KSEA

Planned here using a B77L with a close ZFW, the lower entry without redespatch:

Please login to display this image.

Using just the NFFN-PHKO pair and re-despatch results insufficient fuel capacity, obviously different for the -300

Thanks for your thoughts.

@Rudy,

Neither PHNL nor KSFO result in anything other than 'Fuel required exceeds maximum fuel on board (145,538 kg) limited by Tank Capacity'. I am quite prepared to lower the px but don't yet know to what.

@Stepen,

Adding an extra airfield to EDTO appears not to make a noticeable difference. The problem still lies in redispatching, which should result in a reduction in fuel load.

In my example above the top entry is with re-dispatch resulting a 7.5t reduction in fuel.

Which aircraft profile do you have in use for -300ER, default or third party ? and what is the ZFW planned.

My aircraft profile with redispatch is not-calculable because excessive fuel required. Without redispatch it is::

Empty weight: 167,829 kgs

Payload: 33,215 kgs

Max take-off weight: 351,534 kgs

Max landing: 251,290 kgs

ZFW: 201,044 kgs

Fuel: 117,090 kgs

TOW: 317,624 kgs

Underload: 33,400 kgs

I have added a a B77W using a profile from AirlinerPerformance.net, not adjusted to match any addon.

Re-dispatch achieves a fuel reduction just over 8t ( the correct airport pair this time :( ):

• destination alternate: CYXX
  • EDTO 330 with NFFN, PHKO and KSEA as ETP airports

Without redispatch:

and redispatched:

Spoiler

Hi Stephen,

Under Win10 I have renamed the downloaded file to Boeing 777-300ER GE90-115BL.per as suggested.

Copied it into c:\Users\Public\Public Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes. I see that there is already a samename .txt file by Judith present. 

Reloading PFPX and with 365 px, I am still getting the 'fuel required exceeds max fuel' message, even after deleting my G-STBB aircraft record and allowing another to be built.

My conclusion is that the installation instructions in the perf installation instructions for Win7 are incomplete?

What should I do next?

Archived