TacPack with EE Lightning

Andrew Nor Cal

Hello. My name is Andrew and I am relatively familiar with flying the Lightning, but I'm brand new to the TacPack combat system.

Is there a basic tutorial or info on how to use TacPack with the Lightning? I haven't been able to find much in the line of manuals for TacPack and all the video tutorials I've found show using TacPack with other planes. I just use a basic FSX setup with a joystick and I would simply like to be able to fire the guns and missiles on the Lightning, which I haven't managed to be able to do yet. I have the F3 and the T5, both of which I have found to be fantastic products.

7 hours ago, Andrew Nor Cal said:

Hello. My name is Andrew and I am relatively familiar with flying the Lightning, but I'm brand new to the TacPack combat system.

Is there a basic tutorial or info on how to use TacPack with the Lightning? I haven't been able to find much in the line of manuals for TacPack and all the video tutorials I've found show using TacPack with other planes. I just use a basic FSX setup with a joystick and I would simply like to be able to fire the guns and missiles on the Lightning, which I haven't managed to be able to do yet. I have the F3 and the T5, both of which I have found to be fantastic products.

Hi Andrew

With TP installed  the only thing you need to do is run the TP manager and set up the firing trigger ( other aircraft might have a "pickle" button  as well as the trigger, but this is not needed on the Lightning)

You  should have been able to fire off the guns and missiles in FSX  , but with TP something actually happens! Arming and firing is covered in the " in sim" section of the manuals. 

A big advantage with TP is you now get full use of the radar so radar intercepts can be practiced, again instructions are in the manual.

Tip... for air to air firing the drone is very small and agile.... spawn a tanker instead  ;)

Cheers

Dave R

Please login to display this image.

Here's one I did earlier.....

It's the FS9 package - available at both avsim and flightsim.

The problem comes with there not being a viable native EGOD Llanbedr in FSX. There is one offered by ORBX in their FTX EU Wales package (so it will also work in P3Dv3), for those who have it, but all the runways are disabled. It's fixable, if you know your way around ADE.

I'm seeing what can be done with the AI, at least.

Dave

OK. I've tracked down an FSX-native Llanbedr, which may also work in P3Dv3,

This is what I have so far.

Dave

Archived