ILS/Glideslope capture weirdness?

Is anyone else having issues when you're on intercept course to capture the ILS and glideslope, yet when you approach the center line, the ILS needle doesn't move until you're past that point? I thought this was a problem just at one airport, but every flight I'm doing, I'm noticing this behavior, unless the CRJ really does that in real life. 

I think that's the issue - I can't move the yoke out of the way to get to the source knob during flight.

I've tried loading the Piper cub before the CRJ. That worked once. 

30 minutes ago, bhorv67 said:

I think that's the issue - I can't move the yoke out of the way to get to the source knob during flight.

Click the black vRef placard above the MFD and it will hide the yoke.

That's the problem I'm having. The clickspot doesn't work. I've taken the recommendation from others to spawn with a different aircraft, such as the Piper Cub, then load the CRJ. That worked for me one time. Last night I tried a night flight for the first time, loaded the Cub, then the CRJ, then tried to hide the yoke, it flashes for second but doesn't hide.

The problem is, Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I click immediately after the simulation start, then it works. I forget that and change the views, or open sub panels, i can have bad luck and do not get it away.

55 minutes ago, FraPre said:

The problem is, Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I click immediately after the simulation start, then it works. I forget that and change the views, or open sub panels, i can have bad luck and do not get it away.

thanks for the tip I'll try it

• Aerosoft
On 8/6/2017 at 2:30 AM, bhorv67 said:

Is anyone else having issues when you're on intercept course to capture the ILS and glideslope, yet when you approach the center line, the ILS needle doesn't move until you're past that point? I thought this was a problem just at one airport, but every flight I'm doing, I'm noticing this behavior, unless the CRJ really does that in real life. 

Please note that there is an ILS intercept issue in V4 that has been reported to Lockheed.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please note that there is an ILS intercept issue in V4 that has been reported to Lockheed.

Gonna start my landing practice Tuesday; is p3d v3 ok for ils capture etc? 

Cheers,

simon

22 hours ago, FraPre said:

If you load the simulator with a plane in 2D cockpit-view, the the clickspot only get the yoke to flash, but still will be there. My experience is, at you have to be in 3D cockpit view of the default airplane, and then change to the CRJ.

7 hours ago, Airbus666 said:

P3D V3 has no issues concerning ILS interceptions.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, what we see is introduced with the new V4. We often forget that we are using a very new simplatform that still needs to to stabilize.

on v3 so can start my practice landings with self confidence :rolleyes: 

Archived