CRJ causes blurries in P3Dv4

As the title suggests I encounter blurries with the CRJ's VC (external views work fine) in P3D v4. This is actually the first time I've seen blurries in the new sim...

I use tweaked settings for the PMDG 777/747 and the to come FSL A320 (wich is an absolute performance hog) and Active Sky with ASCA, so my settings are tweaked for hevy addons.

For views I use chaseplane BUT the blurries are also there when chaseplane is closed and I'm using the integrated views. I also tested this after deleting the Chaseplane chache file and several PC/sim restarts.

My P3D v4 lives on it's own Sata 3 6GB/s SSD with ActiveSky and other external addons running from my main M.2 SSD.

The screenshot is zoomed in from the Captain's non-Chaseplane view in the VC. I use the max LOD radius with a lower autogen draw distance, so the ground is normally sharp beyond the area where the autogen comes in.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I actullay saw the same thing Mathijs. With me it was only V3 that had the problem. Custom/tweaked AM could play a role here. Do you use that elButz?

ps, the way of coding in the add on code plays the biggest role I guess. Default planes never had this problem. Some goes for PMDG. But TFDI and FSL surely influence my V3 blurries.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

In V3 I can understand it because VAS limits display. What do you mean with AM?

AM is Affinity Mask. A dark art form in the FS world ;)

I actually abandoned all .cfg tweaks with moving over to v4. I found that v3 worked best on my system with no .cfg tweaks (because AM and FFTF caused blurries). For me the main settings with the LOD/autogen cast area settings in v4 work very well in getting good performance in demanding aircraft/weather/area situations while maintaining a good amount of detail/autogen.

Also the blurries don't accure when I fly any other aircraft like A2A's Comanche or the PMDG Boeings. That's what I find very strange, the blurries are exclusive to the CRJ.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Without having anything to back this up but could it be that Hans uses some part of the CRJ code to make use of cores that P3D predominately uses for terrain rendering? For example the main ASCRJ.DLL maybe?

• Aerosoft

No, it is left to the OS to decide what core is best to use. Personally I have simple NEVER seen any side by side comparison that showed manual manipulation of cores did any good, in fact I only saw drawbacks. From less stability to lower framerates.

Again, it is very hard to see any mechanism in an aircraft being able to change the rendering settings. 

vor 7 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

One completely irrelevant question: what scenery is that? Doesn't look like default.

OrbX Global, OpenLC EU & OrbX Trees in may (w PTA)

vor 7 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

But apart from VAS (and cfg tweaks) there simply is no mechanism where an aircraft could change scenery display settings.  I am unable to explain this in P3d V4. 

I will test it with the full installation I've still got. I noticed the blurries after placing the ASCRJ.dll from this forum. I can definitely say that the blurries were not there with version 1.0.0.2 of the CRJ...

Well, infact a plane (or anything in the current loaded sim state) can have influence on terrain rendering. Of course its not the plane itself, its the memory and resource usage of GPU/CPU and the needed background calculations and if other calculations have enough "room" to be calculated or not. And the more there is to be calculated, the more it happens that even on HIGH fps, like 60-70-80 fps it can be one lands and has no autogen rendered or no terrain calculated anymore. I think everyone who is looking the 2 famous twitch streamers knows this behavior. They fly with 100+ fps in the cockpit ut have no autogen anymore. on a gefore 1080 and a 7700 i7.

P3d has wiered way of sheduling "tasks". Active sky clouds can be in way of terrain calculations, the planes calculations also can, everything basically can have influence. FPS lock can cause and it can be the medicine to help (*more on this one later down). There is no same sim sadly.
In another FPS based topic here i read something like "Never lock your fps". Also this is not true i have to say. Locking fps is a technic for some systems that comes directly fro  LOCKEED MARTIN. Its written in the learning center. (In the Settings/Options category under Terrain, i think). Yes, it caused stuttering in some cases. But that is usually a sign that the sim is overloaded, with too high settings, This should NOT be happening. And yes, you can overload it pretty easy even on a high end system at this time. Some ppl have 4k monitors and still think they can set all to max, with all of orbx+vector and have highres terrain clicked, all shaowds on bec they think "my 1080TI can do".

I also noticed that the CRJ seems to have a higher hunger for some resources. Since it was asked for not only talk but facts or more info, i will write it very detailed now. I hope someone even reads it.

I own the 747-400 (PMDG), the 737-800 (PMDG), Majestic Dash-8, 777 (PMDG) and now the CRJ. Im streaming too (more later). I have a medium ranged system that is exactly at the limit, currently on exactly 32 locked fps that get reached in every mentioned plane, in the VC, outside, with dyn lights active, or off. Everywhere i stay at this locked 32 fps. It may get down to 31 or even sometime 30 in camera shakes but basically it stays exactly at the lock of 32 all times. Thats why i did it, to have all autogen and terrain and max cloud range at all times and have still fluid sim. Btw again, this is suggested in the learnig center of P3d v4. And it fixed everything for me.

So i mentioned streaming. With the mentioned system i stream few times here and there, with OBS from the same system via Screencapture (no capturecard). I can do tis fine with all mentioned planes, besides the CRJ. Well, i can still do it but i very come down to the limit. Terrain gets microstutters, far terrain doesnt render anymore as it would usually and clouds have lower LOD (i have active sky set to min and max cloud LOD, based of fps). The whole sim doesnt feel as fluid anymore, it constaled reloads ito GPU and has microstutters. The fps stay around 28-32 but its just stuttery all over....Not unplayble by any means but very noticable, compared to all other planes i own.

Also my GPU is always basically at max load in the CRJ, while even with all dyn lights lights on on a PMDG plane for example, on an airport that also has dyn light, it stays at around 85% load. So i dont know why the CRJ has higher load than even the most complex plane in my inv, the 747.

I can post screens of everything said, nothing is overexagerrated or whatever. I have vids to show, screens to post and can bring every form of statistic required. So go ahead, ask for logs or whatever.

Now for completness, i post the section of P3d learnig center about fps lock.

i5 7400
1060 Geforce
16 GB Ram
Win 10 Creators upgrade
ActiveSky 4
ASCA
PTA
ORBX Global
ORBX openLC EU

For some computers, it may be advantageous to limit the target frame rate. By limiting the upper end of the frame rate, the computer does not spend any more resources than necessary to render the selected frame rate. Resources not used to increase the frame rate beyond that setting can be used for other tasks like rendering clouds or drawing scenery in the distance. Experiment to find the frame rate that works best for you.

Besides that, please let me say i highly enjoy the CRJ. I fly it since the first day many h per day and have fun learning the systems, wich are deeper as expected. I have no issues with the plane itself. But on my sim it also is the most demanding atm.

Alright, I just tested it again with higher texture resolution settings and the older as well as latest ASCRJ.dll, my terrain looks generally worse from the VC (while I feel the difference in quality is less noticebale in PMDG aircraft) BUT the higher resolution settings got rid of the first phase of blurring. In the screenshot above you see the edges of the terrain blur into each other, this magically bettered itself (no explanation for that). With lower settings, I was used to see it like it is from the outside perspective (CRJ & other aircraft) wich would be antialiased edges, wich on higher distance looks very sharp.

But I guess for now higher settings will do.

And I absolutely agree with Senchay on the CRJ, it is a very nice aircraft, that's why it's frustrating to see stuff like the blurries yesterday. Also the main Door (in both 700/900) is missaligned and the open/close states are a bit mixed up (GSX)

I found the solution myself and would consider this topic to be closed.

The solution for me is not changing the ground texture resolution but the checkbox underneath that I - until now - overlooked that says "use high quality textures" this totally fixed all blurries from the cockpit even those that remained with the texture resolution turned up.

Thanks for your efforts everyone!

Please login to display this image.

Archived