Problems with ground friction and GSX after installing v1.0.0.4

Hi! I just replaced my original CRJ installation with the one from the new installer because I had read that the GSX problems should be fixed in the new version.

Sadly, for me it isn't. GSX still requests me to open the aft cargo door although it is already open. Do I have to uninstall the GSX files by Rafail Giavrimis from my .../AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/Airplanes folder first or should the GSX files that are included in the new installer work anyway?

Furthermore, I noticed that suddenly the ground friction (although I operate FSX) is almost like in P3Dv4 now - I have to apply at least 35 % N1 to keep the CRJ moving on the ground (when I use with the default fuel amount and payload). In version 1.0.0.0, the plane started to move even at idle thrust and I had to use brakes while taxiing in order to not get too fast, just like it was described by Mathijs et al. The ground friction model in my DAVE is enabled.

Can you help?

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Nothing changed in regards to ground friction in that update and we have seen no other reports like that so I think it is something local on your machine.

In the meantime, the ground friction is back to normal again. Maybe it was just some sort of hiccup of my system after I made the fresh installation with the newest installer.

But the GSX problem still persists. Can you help or at least tell me whether I shall delete Rafail's files or leave them where they are (see above)? I deleted them last night, the effect was that GSX provided no baggage loader but a gangway when I asked it for ground services. And particularly funny was that when the gangway drove to the plane for deboarding, it suddenly lifted off and vanished in the sky like a rocket. So I rather re-installed Rafail's files which fixed those problems - but still, the baggage loader doesn't recognise that the aft cargo door is already open. What now?

Gents,

I am absolutely in love with this airplane, in fact the CRJ is the reason I got my real live wings (not commercial though). I have the same cargo door (GSX) problem where it keeps asking me to "open aft cargo door" when visually I can confirm that it is indeed open. I tried the alternative gsx configs but unfortunately get the same results.

Edit:

- I just noticed that catering also doesn't start its service. The door is open and the vehicle has arrived, but I get the same message for a different door "open forward galley door". I think today was the first time I used catering.

- pushback also doen't work. pushback truck and ramp guy appear but it never starts communication and/or actual pushback.

I have the latest version of GSX and it works on the Aerosoft Airbus just perfect. Strange.

Hopefully help is on its way ;-)

Cheers,

Pete

PS. Running FSX Box SP2, Win7

2 hours ago, PeterZ KCLE EDDN said:

Gents,

I am absolutely in love with this airplane, in fact the CRJ is the reason I got my real live wings (not commercial though). I have the same cargo door (GSX) problem where it keeps asking me to "open aft cargo door" when visually I can confirm that it is indeed open. I tried the alternative gsx configs but unfortunately get the same results.

Edit:

- I just noticed that catering also doesn't start its service. The door is open and the vehicle has arrived, but I get the same message for a different door "open forward galley door". I think today was the first time I used catering.

- pushback also doen't work. pushback truck and ramp guy appear but it never starts communication and/or actual pushback.

I have the latest version of GSX and it works on the Aerosoft Airbus just perfect. Strange.

Hopefully help is on its way ;-)

Cheers,

Pete

PS. Running FSX Box SP2, Win7

Exactly the same issue GSX does not recognise the galley door at all.

I would like to bring back this topic to the attention of @Mathijs Kok and/or other users: Even with the new GSX files from @Ben F., the "open AFT cargo door" problem in GSX persists, at the very least on my system, maybe also on others' systems. Can anyone help or (if you are affected as well) confirm, please?

Also I would like to repeat my earlier question, but with a slight update: Does one have to use the GSX files by Rafail or by Ben F. in combination with the files that are part of the v1.0.0.4 installer? Or should the files in that installer actually work on its own? The current situation is a bit confusing, since the instructions how to make GSX really work in combination with the CRJ are pretty unclear and we now have several sets of GSX files floating around.

I've mentioned this in another topic too, but part of the problem is that "Dave" isn't actually opening the cargo doors internally in FSX.  It's running the door animations on the aircraft model just fine, but for me (FSX:SP2) it's only toggling the MAIN exit internally to FSX (exit 0).  Thus internally with FSX, GSX doesn't see the cargo door as "open" because Dave doesn't actually open FSX exit 1 or 2 (just FSX exit 0 for all exit buttons).  That's why you have to set the GSX files to ignore the exits.

What's real odd, is that using the FSX exits (Shift-E + 2,3,etc) ALSO does the same thing - ie, it runs the correct animation, but ONLY controls the main exit internally.

Since we all know a picture is worth a thousand words - here is a screenshot :)

Note FSX is saying "exit closed" (it ONLY displays those messages when the main exit - exit.0 - is toggled).  It was captured while I was OPENING the rear cargo door.  Note the door is opening in the back.  Note also the main exit on the model is completely open, as are the two forward cargo doors.

Please login to display this image.

Realistically - what it probably should be doing is not actually messing with FSX exits at all for the cargo and service doors, and GSX should probably be looking at an internal variable to the A/C rather than the FSX exits.  Of course, that's only my unsolicited opinion and should be taken as no more than that :)  

On 6.8.2017 at 1:45 PM, FWAviation said:

In the meantime, the ground friction is back to normal again. Maybe it was just some sort of hiccup of my system

I have a feeling that the scenery might be involved in this as well. I found that taxiing required much more power on some airports than on others. I can't name those airports though (I was focusing on other stuff) but I remember that they all were add-on airports.

Regarding GSX: We sent FSDT a copy of the CRJ yesterday and they're looking into issue between it and GSX. So that's being worked on.

Thanks, @Hans Hartmann for the info regarding GSX! I didn't make the experience that the ground friction depends on the scenery involved. I noticed the (temporary) friction problem when I taxied at Paderborn Lippstadt airport. The problem didn't return, even not when I taxied at EDLP again.

And thank you, @Driver8, for the interesting explanations! Let's see whether FSDT and/or Hans and/or Aerosoft will find the solution there.

• 1 month later...

Sadly, I still have the same problems with GSX. I have build 1.0.1 installed and used the GSX files that were provided with that build. I put them in the Virtuali Airplanes folder (as recommended in the manual): GSX still doesn't recognise that the aft cargo door is open already. After I read in one of the other GSX threads here that one can also put the GSX.cfg files in the respective airplane folders (I believe that this means the SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft CRJ... folders), I tried that as well: Still no success. But it seems to me as if other users were able to run GSX properly already with their CRJs. So what am I doing wrong? Can someone please take me step by step through how he/she achieved to run GSX properly?

Archived