Release : FlorenceX

• Aerosoft

Florence was THE city in Italy that we really wanted to have in FSX. Not only because it is world famous and beautiful, but also because it has a very nice airport, beautifully located close the the city. So we were happy when Alessandro Cucinotta and Virtuali told us they were working on a version for FSX. We checked it out, loved it because of the level of detail and good framerates so we settled on a contract very fast. Another advantage was that we could experiment with a new form of protection, one that is simpler (no need to enter a serial code, but an immediate activation) and that allows you to check out the scenery without spending any money. It has a fully functional trial mode!

When you install the file you have a few minutes to check out the airport before the major objects are removed (of course you can restart FSX to check it out some more). When you decided you like the scenery you can buy the scenery from within FSX by using the Addon Manager as shown below. It's only Euro 16.67 / $22 (plus EEC VAT when you live in the EEC).

buy.jpg

So click here to start your download, and check out the image shown below while the 50Mb files is streamed to your system. http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/florence...LORENCE_100.zip

aero_florence_small_01.jpg

aero_florence_small_02.jpg

aero_florence_small_03.jpg

aero_florence_small_04.jpg

aero_florence_small_05.jpg

aero_florence_small_06.jpg

aero_florence_small_07.jpg

aero_florence_small_08.jpg

aero_florence_small_09.jpg

aero_florence_small_10.jpg

aero_florence_small_11.jpg

aero_florence_small_12.jpg

aero_florence_small_13.jpg

aero_florence_small_15.jpg

aero_florence_small_16.jpg

aero_florence_small_17.jpg

aero_florence_small_18.jpg

aero_florence_small_20.jpg

aero_florence_small_21.jpg

aero_florence_small_22.jpg

aero_florence_small_23.jpg

aero_florence_small_24.jpg

aero_florence_small_25.jpg

aero_florence_small_26.jpg

aero_florence_small_27.jpg

aero_florence_small_28.jpg

aero_florence_small_29.jpg

aero_florence_small_30.jpg

aero_florence_small_31.jpg

aero_florence_small_32.jpg

aero_florence_small_33.jpg

aero_florence_small_34.jpg

aero_florence_small_35.jpg

aero_florence_small_36.jpg

aero_florence_small_37.jpg

aero_florence_small_38.jpg

aero_florence_small_39.jpg

aero_florence_small_40.jpg

aero_florence_small_41.jpg

aero_florence_small_42.jpg

aero_florence_small_43.jpg

aero_florence_small_44.jpg

aero_florence_small_45.jpg

aero_florence_small_46.jpg

aero_florence_small_47.jpg

http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/florence...LORENCE_100.zip

--> Virtuali Isn't this the same addon manager that cloud 9 uses? And if yes does that mean that their pruducts are (finnaly) 64 bit capable of running in a 64 bit enviroment?

Michael

For the release of FlorenceX, the Addon Manager has been updated, and it is now 100% compatibile with Vista, both 32 and 64 bit versions.

And yes, since Cloud9 has updated its own installer as well including this version, all Cloud9 products will have the same benefits.

Aha,

Hmmm, Cloud9 ......, hmmmm Virtuali ........., now I'm becoming curious. Also in the traditions of Aerosoft. Does this airport come into FS9? With AES compatiblilty?

Not impossible, but we want to see first how this works out.

As an avid Cloud 9 buyer, - I think the 'try before you buy' is simply fantastic!!

Please incorporate for all your future releases...

• Aerosoft
Aha,

Hmmm, Cloud9 ......, hmmmm Virtuali ........., now I'm becoming curious. Also in the traditions of Aerosoft. Does this airport come into FS9? With AES compatiblilty?

There will be no FS9 version, simply makes no commercial sense. sorry but as I say every time, these are products that we intend to sell for two years. And how many FS2004 addons you intend to buy around Xmas 2008?

And perhaps I can satisfy your curiosity if I understand what you are wondering about.

Aha Matthijs,

I'll buy (aerosoft) FS9 products untill I'll drop. Even if I have to untill and beyond Christmas 2008. I'm a huge fan of FS9 and your company and buy most of your products because you have the policy "building FS9 and FSX version". Does your answer mean "we have changed our policy"?

If so, then my curiousity killed the cat. Now you are working with mr. Virtuali and adapted his (nonsense) policy "simply makes no commercial sense". This was also stated in the forums of C9 (the company I'll never buy any add-ons because they are rude and neglect the wishes of their customers) by mr. Virtuali. FS9 products make perfect "commercial sense". Look at AES, Budapest and other recent releases.

I hope you don't change your policy "building FS9 and FSX versions" to soon.

• Aerosoft
Aha Matthijs,

I'll buy (aerosoft) FS9 products untill I'll drop. Even if I have to untill and beyond Christmas 2008. I'm a huge fan of FS9 and your company and buy most of your products because you have the policy "building FS9 and FSX version". Does your answer mean "we have changed our policy"?

If so, then my curiousity killed the cat. Now you are working with mr. Virtuali and adapted his (nonsense) policy "simply makes no commercial sense". This was also stated in the forums of C9 (the company I'll never buy any add-ons because they are rude and neglect the wishes of their customers) by mr. Virtuali. FS9 products make perfect "commercial sense". Look at AES, Budapest and other recent releases.

I hope you don't change your policy "building FS9 and FSX versions" to soon.

We certainly have not changed our policy, virtually all of our NEW developments are for FSX only, sometimes there is an older FS2004 version available, but this will be less and less. There might be a few exceptions where it makes sense to do a dual version (like Budapest) but don't expect FS2004 versions for Venice, Florence, Twin Otter Catalina, Aspen, the glider, all the new scenery covering Germany and at least 9 other projects I can't tell you about etc.

For one single reason, it makes commercially little or no sense.

Now in your mail you tell me this is nonsense, but I'm looking at hard sales data here and I know what the shops order (nothing that's FS2004 I can tell you). We also speak to our competitors, distributors etc. I am sure you will be able to buy FS2004 products in 18 months time, after all we still sell a few copies of FS2002 software every week right now. We do so with pleasure and with all the support.

You obviously don't like FSX, so be it. FS2004 is a solid sim at this moment and if you can do without the new options and new developments in FSX you should be happy for a long time. But if you know the FS business so much better then Cloud9 or Aerosoft we will be seeing you as a competitor on the market soon, won't we?

Hoi Matthijs,

Een conculega? Op jullie markt? Denk het niet. Geen kans. Keb het al druk genoeg bij de grootste en beste automatiseerder van Nederland.

Je hebt min of meer gelijk. Natuurlijk zal ik er ooit ook aan moeten geloven. Naar FSX .... zucht. Keb niet zo veel feeling met deze versie. Te veel toeters en bellen die ik niet nodig vind. Als ATC nou eens beter was geweest, tsja . dan had ik het overwogen. Ik zit nog wel gebeiteld de aankomende anderhalf jaar. Daarna zien we wel of Vista, DX10 en soft/ hardware een beetje begint te draaien en stabieler wordt.

Hey Mathijs,

The product, Florence X, looks amazing in your screenshots. I am disappointed however that Aerosoft Online has decided to take the route of using the Addon Manager utility. It is a good utility when it works, but it does not work with Windows Vista 64-bit.

Cloud9 uses the same system and I have been waiting months and months to use my C9 products. They still haven't released a 64-bit Addon Manager update and it is rather disappointing.

Will there be a standard "non-Addon Manager" version for sale from the online store? Thanks.

Ludo Lambrechts :)

Hey Mathijs,

The product, Florence X, looks amazing in your screenshots. I am disappointed however that Aerosoft Online has decided to take the route of using the Addon Manager utility. It is a good utility when it works, but it does not work with Windows Vista 64-bit.

Cloud9 uses the same system and I have been waiting months and months to use my C9 products. They still haven't released a 64-bit Addon Manager update and it is rather disappointing.

Will there be a standard "non-Addon Manager" version for sale from the online store? Thanks.

Ludo Lambrechts :)

The last version of Bglman, is compatible with Vista x64 (Both C9 and Aerosoft version).

regards.

They still haven't released a 64-bit Addon Manager update and it is rather disappointing.

As we said already, the new version Aerosoft is using, is now 100% compatibile with Vista, both 32 and 64 bit versions, and it has been released by Cloud9 as well last week.

mathjiskok

I could not agree with you more regarding FS9, it is a solid platform. I think a lot of users forget it also took years to get to where it is now. What FS9 scenery, repaints, planes and such was not there when it was released.

I have money tied up in a sence with fs9 as I own the beaver for fs9, and eurowings and such. And while yes eurowings is a dead issue it also was a 2002 addon that aerosoft made compatable with 2004" they did not have to do that" But they choose too and at no substantial cost to us the sim user.

The day I bought FSX I realized there would be some things that would just not make sence to convert to FSX from 2002/2004 FSNAV comes to mind, and that is just the circle of software life.

Everyone on these forums is passionate about there favorite plane or tool or scenery for their Sim. That is to be expected, but all users have to remember while it is a hobby to us, it is a buissness to software developers. They cant afford to keep making addons if all they do is do upgrades to something released 5 yrs ago and charge $5.00 for the upgrade.

I owned Tongass Fyjords for FS9, and they are working according on holger on the FSX version, much like how they just released a new version of Vancouver + which is not for FS9. There is a bit of a break price wise to upgrade your fs9 version, but the new scenery is for FSX only why do you think that is?

Quite simple FSX is the future and few if any addon creator will continue to develop things strictly for fs9 or even dual-versions its just not cost effective as the 2 sims use different texture formats for the most part among numerous things. You literally would have to create 2 addons though on the same cd which cost manhours.

Sorry but that is my 2 cents on it, what aerosoft is doing makes perfect sence, even windows 3.1 an 95 no longer has suport because it's life has ended as will fs9

David

• 2 weeks later...
Aha,

Virtuali makes me cautious, better watch out!

• Aerosoft

Virtuali makes me cautious, better watch out!

No, this is an Aerosoft product as we sell it. You deal with us, not Virtuali, we do the support and we will make sure you are happy. Do not confuse Virtuali with Cloud9. We use very different re-installation rules etc.