Unable to start APU

I'm having troubles getting very far with the tutorial flight.  I set the aircraft to cold and dark and turned the master battery on after completing the preflight checks as per the tutorial.  Unfortunately, as early as point A in the APU start sequence, I can't get any further.  I press the APU PWR/FUEL switch and nothing happens.  It doesn't light up, it doesn't do anything.  I can't move on because the APU isn't powered on.  Any thoughts on what stupid thing I may be missing?  I'm not thinking this is a bug, I'm thinking it's some setting issue. 

the power/fuel switch just opens the flap at the back of the aircraft, when it's open you can press the from your perspective right button wich is the main apu switch, the apu will then start

note that the power/fuel has no light, but the master apu switch has

• 5 months later...

Well, the problem is with me, that when you press the left button, EGT indicator shows temperature increase which continues when you press the right button. When I push the left button the APU door opens but nothing happens with the temperature. Pressing the right button causes absolutely nothing

• Developer

There is an issue with the APU START/STOP button (the right one) that's caused by a problem with the model file exporter in the SDK. It happens on my PC and some other customers also reported it. I have to use the right mouse button to click this button (It's correctly set to left and right in the model animation code). Give this a try please.

• 5 weeks later...

For what its worth. I have p3d v3 and I also have to click the right button with the right mouse button. Took me while to find it. Same thing for switches sometimes its the right and sometimes its the left mouse button.

Bat

Hello @bturtle,

it's not about making a big deal out of it but about the implemented button logic! Imagine this: you have to press 20 buttons (which are not moving as in they are not animated but functional) but some of them work with left click and some of them with right click. It's not the end of the world but pretty annoying in the end.

The same goes for the flip switches (left click flip down/right click flip up) but those are at least annimated and you see if you flipped them wrong...is again annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh goodness!

I would never have thought of left mouse/right mouse on buttons:o. On switches yes but not on buttons

Here I was thinking it was just stupid me!!! LOL

Mike 

Archived