Auto Pilot will Not Engauge

Wow, for $50 dollars I was expecting more. I have found after the 3 fixes issued  just 2days after release that now the Auto pilot will not engage for some reason.

It is random or intermittent .it will work fine on some flights then randomly after take off it will NOT engage making the aircraft virtually un flyable.Also crashing to desktop

upon approach at some airports. What is the solution??

the Auto pilot will not engage for some reason

Yes there is ; but if you don't give us any indice we can't help you.
Do a search on this forum, maybe some ideas could help you (trim, nullzone..)

99% of chance that you're trying to engage the AP while you are trimming or moving your yoke (or maybe your yoke is miss-well configured, have a look on the null zone) If you don't explain what you are doing and what is the context (alt, ap mode and armed mode, etc...) we can't help you.

if your aircraft is not well configured (weight, cg, trim, etc) you will have to pull the yoke and you will not be able to engage the ap

Autopilot won't engage if the yaw damper isn't on. Furthermore it requires no input on your yoke/joystick, so a good trim setting and no yoke input and you're good to go.

I'm not new at this: usually if the auto pilot is working it will actually engage while still on the ground. On normal deptarture 10 to 15 degree climb Alt. set trim set

there should be NO problem engaging the auto pilot. I re calibrated my joy stick and all is well. That does not explain why randomly sometimes it will work and others not.

Now I can n to get it to work at all.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

usually if the auto pilot is working it will actually engage while still on the ground

not sure about that. usually you can't activate the AP below 400ft min .

if you are using a saitek stuff, this is not so precise and you need a null zone :)

I have set the the null zone and re calibrated as mentioned before not the issue. I re installed the aircraft  and the system seem to operating fine for now .Not sure what was going on I will run more test flights to see if it recurse. Actually you are not to set the auto pilot below 1,000ft  in a jet.

Archived