Stuck in Terrain Mode

djd565

P3Dv4 with AS16

Took off with WXR on and displaying on ND-- got a terrain warning after takeoff, and it auto-switched to TERRAIN-- all good so far, but then as I climbed out, clear of terrain and with no more warnings, I could not get it to switch back over to WX, the display remained fixed on Terrain.  Tried from both Capt and FO's side.  Tried cycling the WXR off and on, no luck-- any ideas or procedure I'm missing?

Don

I had the same issue, and posted in the general discussion. It has happened twice to me out of a number of flights, and a number of take-offs from the same runway.

What I found interesting in my case at least is that while there was terrain in the scan, it should not have triggered a terrain warning since it was not in the line of flight. And since the warning occurred almost immediately upon rotation, it almost seemed as though the plane was primed for making a terrain warning. 

At this time I am not sure what makes it react that way, and since it doesn't repeat every time it might make it harder to track down the bug. 

Archived