Cabin Lights

Just a suggestion. Would it be possible to create an Auto Cabin Light feature that turns on or off depending on the phase of flight as in the real world? For example, on the ramp the lights can be on....before takeoff they come off and they can come back on above 10,000ft etc?

58 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all!

Thanks for acknowledging the suggestion. Seems only logical since we have all become familiar with the cabin lights being on during boarding and just before takeoff or during taxi it is either turned off or changed to a dim setting when flying in the real world. Perhaps users can also have the ability to set it the way they wish in addition to having an auto setting.

Also, to add a bit more immersion, do CRJ pilots get any indication from the flight attendants that the cabin is ready or secure? I know in some aircraft it is shown on the displays "Cabin Secure", while with other aircraft the FA simply uses the intercom to tell the pilots verbally. Any ideas on how this is done in the CRJ?

Further to this post, is there a way to manually turn off or severely dim the cabin lights? At night, it's weird to see the cabin lights, especially since most airlines turn off the cabin lights during most stages of the flight.

Thanks!

Chris 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In addition to my previous suggestion. Perhaps another adjustment that can be made is to tone down the cockpit lighting as it seems to be a bit too bright on the exterior model at night. I can see it being bright when parked at the gate, but it flight and on takeoff or landing it seems to be a bit too much.

Virtual cockpit lighting is OK, but it would have been nice to offer more customization in controlling the VC lights.

On 8/5/2017 at 1:39 PM, Caribpilot said:

...Also, to add a bit more immersion, do CRJ pilots get any indication from the flight attendants that the cabin is ready or secure? ...

In my experience it's always an intercom call initiated by the flight crew.  There's also the chime button on the center console, but unfortunately nothing sounds when you click it.  Would be great if that could be simulated for immersion in a future update!

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What is an automatic cabin light simulation?

As an example, the cabin lights on a very popular 737 can be controlled manually with various light intensity settings by percentage or it can be automatic based on phase of flight. In the real world cabin lights are off or dim under 10,000ft. From a visual perspective, it would be a bit more realistic to show cabin lighting when it is actually used rather than constantly being on or very bright.

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But as far as I am aware those lights are controlled by the cabin crew, not the pilots.

Correct

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/7/2017 at 10:50 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Not at this moment. I always hate it when a crew does that. They do not ask us to close the shades during daylight hours....

Why do you hate when the cabin crew turns off the main lights? It makes it easy to look at the window and observe what's going on without the glare from the cabin. It also allows you to sleep better. If you want light, you can turn on your overhead reading light.

We really need to be able to dim or turn off the cabin lights. It looks quite strange flying around with the cabin lights on bright all the time.

Regards,

Chris

Archived