problem with ils (solved) read please for your knowledge

Today I made my first flight with this new airplane. When I tried to intercept localizer on Lime, the airplane began mad...I thought that it was a scenery problem, I tried in other airport...same problem! I tried other airplane : same problem.....Finally I found the problem....CRJ is  influnced by gps mode.... If you use an airplane with default or other gps, if it is on gps mode and you forget to change from gps mode to nav mode...the Crj will follow the fms but willn't intercept the localizer.

This is my issue as well. Indeed the way they CRJ has been simulated is the pilot must change the source to LOC from FMS. 

My trouble is I can't hide the yoke and the source selector is hidden behind the yoke. The clickspot for me doesn't work.

The problem is, Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I click immediately after the simulation start, then it works. I forget that and change the views, or open sub panels, i can have bad luck and do not get it away.

On ‎06‎-‎08‎-‎2017 at 6:12 PM, FraPre said:

The problem is, Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I click immediately after the simulation start, then it works. I forget that and change the views, or open sub panels, i can have bad luck and do not get it away.

It's my experience, that if you load a default airplane in 2D cockpit and then change to CRJ, then the clickspot do not work. If you have the default plane open in 3D cockpit before changing to CRJ, it works.

I have frequently problems with the LOC. Nav-source is changed from FMS1 to LOC (green pointers), autopilot on, 210 kn, but approaching the ILS in 30 degrees in HDG select, the autopilot do not respond on the LOC. The plan perceed on HDG course. Tried to do a 360 degree circle for a new approach, but the same happens. Next time I open the simulator for flying, it works.

Something is definately wrong. This time I approached ENGM rwy 19L in HDG-mode. Rwy course is 194 which was set in Course NAV1. ILS frq 10.55 set in the FMS radio. I intercepted on course 220. Nav selector on LOC/VOR - green pointers. Speed 210 kn. LOC and GS armed and a bit later activated. Never the less the plan continued on heading 220, passing the ILS without reacting.

Too late - sorry. Is it a screenshot from the cockpit-panel you ask for? I think the description explain all settings. I forgot to mention, that autopilot was of course armed. I cant really see, where I'm doing wrong. And from time to time it works - strange.

Hi 

Same story in my case (FSX).

I don't have a problem with LOC capture. GS is problematic.

Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Everything is set as should be. Below GS in VOR/LOC mode, freq and course set.

LOC Active (GREEN), GS ARMED (White). GS never became active.

In one case aircraft followed GS although GS was only ARMED (WHITE).

I hope new hotfix will solve the problem with this basic function.

Thanks

vor 7 Minuten, Mogens Gaardbo sagte:

Too late - sorry. Is it a screenshot from the cockpit-panel you ask for? I think the description explain all settings. I forgot to mention, that autopilot was of course armed.....

Yes, i means pictures from the PFD, ND and MCP

13 hours ago, FraPre said:

Yes, i means pictures from the PFD, ND and MCP

I will do that during the day when I fly the plane again. In the meantime could you confirm the following conditions for ILS-landings:

Correct course set in Course Nav1

Correct ILD frq

Nav-selector on VOR/LOC (green pointersw)

Autopilot engaged

APPR pressed

Correct altitude for the ILS (below GS)

Speed 180-220 kn

Angel of approach =< 30 degrees

LOC activated before GS

Whar more is important???

Sorry - not able to post photos. Placed two in my DropBox - tryed to import the URL. The line got red and nothing more happened.

But the missing capture of IRS continued. Green pointers, correct course and frq. LOC1 activated, but the plane continue on present heading.

My problem (FSX SE): I have localizer - , but no glideslope indication at all. Setting the AP in approach mode, the PFD indicates LOC, but GS is flashing. The MFD (set on HSI mode) doesn't indicate LOC and GS at all - as it should according to the manuals. The AP intercepts the LOC with some difficulty, but there is no vertical guidance. I tried several different ILS's, but the problem is consistent. I'm probably using the first version, and haven't been able to download a newer version from Simmarket yet. Also, I haven't found any discription of this problem in the forums and don't know if it is a bug that has been fixed in recent software updates.

13 hours ago, hbzug said:

My problem (FSX SE): I have localizer - , but no glideslope indication at all. Setting the AP in approach mode, the PFD indicates LOC, but GS is flashing. The MFD (set on HSI mode) doesn't indicate LOC and GS at all - as it should according to the manuals. The AP intercepts the LOC with some difficulty, but there is no vertical guidance. I tried several different ILS's, but the problem is consistent. I'm probably using the first version, and haven't been able to download a newer version from Simmarket yet. Also, I haven't found any discription of this problem in the forums and don't know if it is a bug that has been fixed in recent software updates.

if you're using the first release I also had this issue but it was resolved with updates. Just wait for the next release on simmarket.

Archived