Poor FPS

What i read atm in the facebook groups, many people have low fps with 1080 and high end cpu with different planes. I also have a 4790K and a 1070, locked at 30 and it runs fine. Without locking i always have over 30 (except AS16 throws heavy turbulence in clouds)  up to 70. Many people with newer hardware get stutters and lower fps and are resistant to recommendations on settings or rebuilding cfgs...

• Aerosoft

I am sorry you feel there is a mistake. But I doubt it, on my system the 777 is about 35% slower. And that fit's our other tests as well. Now for every aircraft I have ever release I have always seen that on some systems is is unexplainably slower than on other systems. Sometimes there is a reason (for example when some calculations are done on a frame by frame base) but that should not play a role here. 

At this moment we have 7 people who made comments on the frame rates. Upon thousands of sales. In two cases where we have checked we found absolutely nothing strange (these users never had any P3d V4 aircraft with dynamic lights and compared with 32 bit models), in two others we simply did not agree with the customer that it was slow and the framerate was as expected. In five cases the framerate was indeed unexplainably low. One of those users installed the sim again and found the issue solved. 

But if there would be a 'mistake' it simply would have to affect all users. 

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry you feel there is a mistake. But I doubt it, on my system the 777 is about 35% slower. And that fit's our other tests as well. Now for every aircraft I have ever release I have always seen that on some systems is is unexplainably slower than on other systems. Sometimes there is a reason (for example when some calculations are done on a frame by frame base) but that should not play a role here. 

At this moment we have 7 people who made comments on the frame rates. Upon thousands of sales. In two cases where we have checked we found absolutely nothing strange (these users never had any P3d V4 aircraft with dynamic lights and compared with 32 bit models), in two others we simply did not agree with the customer that it was slow and the framerate was as expected. In five cases the framerate was indeed unexplainably low. One of those users installed the sim again and found the issue solved. 

But if there would be a 'mistake' it simply would have to affect all users. 

I am also seeing issues with frame rates on my end. Seems that, when in the VC, it causes a fluctuation from 50 frames down to 20, every couple of seconds. External views are fine, though. 

• Aerosoft

Please search the forum for the comments on the fluctuating framerates. A lot has been said about them. If you really insists we could solve that issue by limiting the higher framerates, but we'll only do that when somebody finds any good reason why LOWERING framerates in the code make any sense.

Friends, when writing about frame rate issues it would be very helpful if you would provide your complete systems specs including which flight sim software (FSX, FSX:SE, P3DV1/2/3/4) your running, and specific if you have any overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU.

With that out of the way...

If you want to test frame rates for an aircraft, the best way is to perform two types of tests (both without a weather engine running and clear skies selected), one with the aircraft ready to go sitting on the runway at a default airport, and the other is with the aircraft flying level at or above FL350 over flat terrain.  Some variation in frame rates is very normal, and of course you'll see more variation at altitude (as there is more going on).  But sudden large drops shouldn't be seen under those conditions so long as your graphics settings are correct for what you're running.  Graphic settings are always the firsta and best place to start when having these issues.

For those having sudden drops in P3DV4 with processors running at 4.0GHz or greater and a GTX 1070 or 1080, you might try running unlimited frames with VSync on and Triple Buffering.  This limits the look ahead for frame rendering, which can often result in dipping frame rates.

I hope this is helpful to you.

I was experiencing low FPS and stutters, I went ahead and did a re-install of the P3dv4 client as Mathijs had another customer do and it seemed to fix things for me. Smooth sailing! 

I use a 4790k with max. 4.4Ghz, also a 1070 GTX, 16GB. 

That is the average usage of power in my setup and i have nearly all maxed except Tessalation High), Autogen Distance (High) and Autogen building density (Normal) 

I don't see that it eats more fps than any of the other airplane addons. Also running is chaseplane, which uses around 5 to12%, Pro ATX X (0.6. to 5%) of the cpu power and some other things in background.  P3D itself needs around 54 to 70% of the cpu power average. 

Please login to display this image.

Yep, to be honest I don't see a lot of difference with others aircrafts (ngx and 717 on p3d v4).

Everything is smooth with appropriates settings, cpu and gpu are used normally.

A lot of people are not honest and met same problems with any aircraft and complaining on each respective forum but they put all cursors to high...

Same here. I will post full details in a while. But its the same for me and ive said it at another topic here already, that got locked meanwhile. 

I really like the CRJ, and even i get lots of hate for it in our community, i still stand behind the product because the system depth, visuals, the systems themself and various things are basically what ive been looking for. So im by no way the typical aerosoft basher. 

That beeing said, the CRJ is sadly the most demanding plane on my system, in regards of performance/hardware. I own the PMDG 777, 747 and 737. Also i have the Majestic Dash-8 and the Aerosoft A320, with latter 2 cant be counted, i only talk about v4 in this topic. So not that many planes but i think some of the more demanding are under it, like the 747-400. In every one of them i get higher fps, less microstutters and a very noticable higher fluidity of camera movement.

It sometimes goes to a point where every 2 seconds the terrain is "hanging" for some microsecs and cause a microstutter. This ONLY happens in this CRJ, non of the mentioned ones cause this. 

Like mentioned in the other post, i have this on video and i post it later. I stream sometimes and every single stream this is very visible. With OBS running at same time, the CRJ is the only plane that makes the stream stutter. Ive tested with same AS16 weather saves, on same time, on same airport, on same parking. Its true.... At least for my system.

i5 7400
nvidia 1060
16 GM Ram

Win 10 Creators upgrade

P3d v4, hotfix 1.
CRJ all versions the same

More details and the vid(s) later. Ill try to download them from twitch first to not make ppl think i want to lure followers to me....

vor 23 Minuten, blahhh sagte:

@Senchay You will post also another video with the 777 (same conditions, same weather, same addons) to be relevant?

The 777 i havent recorded yet sadly, but 747 and 737, these ones i will find and upload. But that should be very much the same, i dont see many differences between all the 3. Some different behavior at different times but overall they stay same, fps wise. The CRJ is sadly the one that "shines out" in this regard. And believe me, i would love to say otherwise :-( 

At the moment i turn off the F/O side panels to save a bit ressources, and it really helps a bit. Also this is something i just never ever had to do in any plane ever.
Turning on the HUD and fps decerase below the 20ties (from 30 something). While a 737 HUD doesnt take 1 fps. Many things seem very demanding on my sys.

Maybe theres a way to fix it somehow, but it seems not, since i bought on the first day and tried every update.

But vids show better i guess. While that isnt even the "real" outcome that is visible. For some reason it seems that OBS records less stutter than i have in the sim... so for me its even more laggy.

• Aerosoft

There is no need to post a video, we believe you. As I have written for every single product we ever released there was a group of customers for whom the product was unexpectedly heavy on framerate. Sometimes there are reasons to point at, often nothing comes to mind. When we did follow up on these items and convinced the user to reset his sim totally we found that the issues were almost always solved. But what cause it to be slow even then remains a mystery.

We do all our performance tests on a set of machines that we keep extremely clean, in fact they are reset between tests so the sim is always in the 'just installed' state. On none of these systems did we find the CRJ to be highly demanding and on all of these systems it take less (sometimes considerably less) resources than our comparison aircraft (like the PMDG products etc).  On none of the machines of our beta testers is the CRJ more demanding than other aircraft.

But I still believe it is slower on some machines. I just know that there is nothing that can be done to solve that until we find what makes it slow on these machines. So far it seems there have been 7 customers who believe the CRJ is unexpectedly slow. One of those updated from P3d V3 to P3d V4 yesterday and let me know it is pretty fast now. We can only assume there was something problematic on his V3 machine. Attached is how it works on my machine, with my rather clean machine I get about 60 fps in our Aspen Extended. This will go down to the low 40's on larger airports. 

Get Nvidia Profile Inspector (Search for the version it sin my mine, not the new one)

Settings like see pic. 

Then go to your worst airport and adjust the settings, so you always have 30+ FPS (For me its EDDL Justsim with ORBX North Germany) 

First take shadows out compared to my pic. 

The one and only thing where i cant hold the 30 is, if AS2016 throws out heaviest turbulence in a cloud. (Then the turbelence settings to 5 or 10%) Its bumpy enough.

This is with 4790k (4.4) and a 1070, runs smooth as butter

There is an evident problem with the plane and FPS. If you compared with other "heavy" planes such as pmdg 737 or 777, this CRJ has the worst performance, and more, with a great difference. I have a high end pc and all the planes have a good performance in prepar3 v4. It´s a pity because I like a lot CRJ. If aerosoft does not have a look to the problem, I am not simply flying the plane again. Sorry for my sincere words but It´s the reality I have just experienced with it. 

• Aerosoft

Okay, Agustin, in another post you have already said you are not willing to look at the issue even though we got thousands of customers who do NOT have the issue you have. You are in fact one of twentysix (and counting of course) customers we identified. Please read here (if you are in any still interested in spite of your comment): 

If you want to discuss this let's do it in that other topic. But do start with addressing the fact something that works with thousands of people does not work with you before you blame the software. If you can explain that I am more then willing to do anything possible to see if we can find what is specific on your system.

If you are not interested anymore I fully understand. As said I got one machine that seems to hate PMDG and simply don't have the time to find out why. I know it is the system and not the software though!

Archived