Poor FPS

Maybe I`m the only one with this problem (I checked the forum), but I`m getting realy poor fps in virtual cockpit. Outside view 40+ ,virtual cockpit 22.

Windows 10 64bit, P3d V3 latest, 4.5 cpu, 1080ti gpu.

You're not the only one.  I'm getting rather poor FPS as well compared to other aircraft.  I found turning off the FO displays (available option on DAVE) bought me about 3 extra FPS.

• Aerosoft

For that hardware I would indeed say that is low. We did not have any (surprising) comments here of people with FPS issues and that fits our own tests where the aircraft performs better than almost all complex aircraft add-ons. On facebook there are some comments, but as people never give out any details and just shout it is impossible to take those comments serious.

You got any other complex aircraft like our Airbusses installed? How does it compare to those?

Btw that hardware would totally rock with P3d v4, but you probably know that...

1 minute ago, IGrant said:

You're not the only one.  I'm getting rather poor FPS as well compared to other aircraft.  I found turning off the FO displays (available option on DAVE) bought me about 3 extra FPS.

On what sim?

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

On what sim?

P3Dv4

I'd say I'm averaging around 26FPS- obviously lower on the ground at complex airports and up towards 30 in cruise (I'm locked at 33).  This is slightly below my other aircraft. I can't compare it directly to the Airbus as it's not in v4 yet of course.

I'm mostly surprised that of the aircraft I'm using in v4 that the CRJ is giving me the poorest performance (NGX, Carenado Premier and 350i)

Overall, I'm really enjoying the aircraft even though I'm running into a few issues of my own. I want to make sure they aren't operator errors before I post them.

• Aerosoft

I am not surprised about the Carenado and 350, those are basically not as complex in modeling and that is what drags the fps down in P3d V4 most of all. I am getting about 20% better FPS compared to to the NGX though. But as always a lot depends on hardware and settings and not always in the most obvious way. Only this week I understood why a lot of AI traffic hurts some people a lot more then others. It's highly depending on the speed of the memory, something that seems to hardly affect any other aspect as much.

I advise you never to lock the FPS because even in P3d V4 it is bugged, I only use if when I get huge framerate variations (and when they are 60+). Disabling it will most likely increase your over all framerate.

I've got an issue where the FPS is fluctuating alot. For example taxiing on the ground at EHAM the fps fluctuates between 26 and 50, like constantly. Not sure what causes this issue. It makes for a "stuttery" experience. The framerates remain stable whenever the aircraft is in Cold and Dark mode. I delete my "shaders" occassionally. Would it help to delete the main .cfg file?

System: I7-7700K / Gt1080TI 11 GB / 32 Gb ram / W10

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am not surprised about the Carenado and 350, those are basically not as complex in modeling and that is what drags the fps down in P3d V4 most of all. I am getting about 20% better FPS compared to to the NGX though. But as always a lot depends on hardware and settings and not always in the most obvious way. Only this week I understood why a lot of AI traffic hurts some people a lot more then others. It's highly depending on the speed of the memory, something that seems to hardly affect any other aspect as much.

I advise you never to lock the FPS because even in P3d V4 it is bugged, I only use if when I get huge framerate variations (and when they are 60+). Disabling it will most likely increase your over all framerate.

I always had pretty good results keeping the FPS locked in v3 so I more or less just ported my settings over with the necessary autogen adjustments and so on.  I will try unlocking the frame rates and see what I get- maybe it will be a breakthrough!

My system is definitely not state of the art but with some tuning I am very happy with the results I get.  I just keep modest expectations.  My performance claims are again, based strictly in comparison to other planes.  I mention the Carenado planes because I know they give some people trouble which is likely down to the texturing.  I have a 1060 6gb but I've never OC'ed my CPU so that's probably why my system has a harder time with the CRJ and NGX.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed the fps fluctuate a bit more than on other aircraft. we looked at this but decided it was not an issue and to slow things down to stabilize it made little sense.

Your forum status is back at 0 now btw. 

Haha, cheers Mathijs.

Will you guys try to stabilize it in the future?

for me fps is ok, around +/-30fp in vc (win 10 64bit, 16gb ram, i7 6700 3,4ghz, geforce gt1050ti)

but compared to pmdg 747 or 777 it is rather low, as i have mid 30s with them.. and they are know as complex acfts

That fps are low and don't match your hardware...

I don't notice any troubles with this aircraft (win10 64bits, i7 7700K, gtx970), around 40fps on ground (eg JustSim LFMN) and 60-80 on the air with others plugins (ezdok, as4, etc...)

This is comparable to the TFDi 717 (latest beta) on my config (but a lot of people are complaining about the 717...). Next time I will check the cpu/gpu load.

Better than the NGX, a little less easily than the q400

Seeing low fps with on my end as well...

i5 3570k

16GB RAM

GTX1070

Win 10 x64

P3D v4

Compared to the NGX it's alot more fluctuating FPS and alot lower at complex airports. Landing att Vienna the other night I got 13 FPS taxiing in. With the NGX I get 25FPS atleast, same in the 777.

The issues for me seems to be with the planes displays, as soon as they are turned on the fluctuation starts. The load on the CPU is not at 100% with that low fps btw, and not the GPU load either.

I thought about reinstalling the sim but since all other complex aircraft works I dunno.

The bird is a joy to fly but a pain to taxi at complex airports :)

12 minutes ago, admiralaspen said:

The issues for me seems to be with the planes displays, as soon as they are turned on the fluctuation starts. The load on the CPU is not at 100% with that low fps btw, and not the GPU load either.

Yeah, that's it. As soon as she is fired up the fluctuating starts

As soon as I saw an increase from turning off the FO side I figured that the displays were the culprit for the low frames.  I actually don't have too much of a problem with fluctuation on my end, just lower fps than I expected.

I can't (and won't) speculate as to why but I'm just adding my feedback to the thread.

Off to go try Mathijs' suggestion on the frame rate lock now!

I have steady 30 fps values with engine off at the gate in KLAX. As soon as I start her up, framerate starts to fluctuate between 13 and 45 and some serious stutters start occurring. Nothing I do to the P3D settings seems to improve this to n acceptable level. Being in the air away from the heavy loads of KLAX and LA, it improves slightly but the fluctuations remain. This only happens to me in the CRJ. Not in the PMDG NGX or in the 777. I'm certain this is related specifically to the CRJ.

Jack Schaper

on v4 i've a lot of FPS wih dynamic light off and about 25FPS with filter no more that 2x and dynamic light on.

and this on hevay scenery like LIMC or FlyTampa.

And I've a 770 GTX.....

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well yes they are pretty cpu intensive bits of code, not a lot that can be done about that.

What's your hardware and what's your sim?

Yes my hardware is quite old, i7 2600K @4.4Ghz with a GTX580, but I don't have this issue with other complex add-ons. My P3D v3 config settings are mid to low, for performance.

With both radar turned off I can get smooth above 50 fps performance though.

Hi!

I've also some FPS problems; day and night.

P3D V4, Dynamic lightning on, dyn. reflection off; silders in the mid (autogen, ...); fsp locked via inspector (in inspector no other configuartion is set). AA in p3d set 8 MSAA or 4 SSAA (with both settings the same problems in the same time).

Starting p3d v4 (eg LOWG, stand 25): At first FPS at around 30; after about 15/20min the fps drop down to 15. (no weather radar, HUD, terrain radar, ...). Same at EDDM, LOWI, ...

Same situation with PMDG 777 with now fps lost.

I think there is anywhere a mistake with CRJ.

PS: The sim dosn't look good with 8 MSAA: shimmering, ....

Archived