CRJ 900 Eurowings D-ACNN

Qick question, is there something wrong with the D-ACNN Paint? Its one of the default paints.

My Thumbnail shows me that this should be the Eurowings operated by Germanwings Repaint.

But it isnt. It it the Lufthansa Regional Livery

King regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

this livery once was the EW one, but the real aircraft was meanwhile sold to Lufthansa Cityline and repainted in their livery. We adapted to this change.

Maybe the thumbnail has been left out there and was not exchanged with the new one. Will be looked into, thanks for the report!

I posted on this a few hours ago, is there any chance we could have the original Eurowings one, even though they no longer operate it it would be cool to have?

I just can second that!

Would be great if the "old" Eurowings operating for germanwings paint could be made available for everyone.

Just found out that the Eurowings paintkit from the linked thread still includes the old textures, so I think it wouldn't be very hard to publish them for everyone. :)

2 hours ago, Der Flieger4 said:

Just found out that the Eurowings paintkit from the linked thread still includes the old textures, so I think it wouldn't be very hard to publish them for everyone. :)

Hey Mathijs, I've already made the conversion for this paint.  ;)

if your folks are having a well-deserved rest, I'd be happy to send them to you if it makes it easier for you guys.

For everyone who may PM me, asking me for the files.....I'd prefer to give them to Mathijs and let AS publish them.  Please wait until AS publishes them, its just easier all around. :)

Please login to display this image.

57 minutes ago, steve dra said:

Hey Mathijs, I've already made the conversion for this paint.  ;)

if your folks are having a well-deserved rest, I'd be happy to send them to you if it makes it easier for you guys.

For everyone who may PM me, asking me for the files.....I'd prefer to give them to Mathijs and let AS publish them.  Please wait until AS publishes them, its just easier all around. :)

I think you can upload this on Downloads section in this forums

Pretty livery tho!

23 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

yep, feel free to upload her into our downloadssection!

Hey Emi,

Before I upload I like to test the textures running thru the CRJ Livery Manager.  However I can't seem to find it anywhere on my system.  The only addon I see on the Aerosoft CRJ menu is the CRJ Manager.  Can you tell me if I'm just not looking in the right place? 

And I may wait before uploading to finish and include the photo-tail I'm painting for her.  You know how fond I am of them (esp. LH 747 tails);)  I may do the LH tail for the LH Regional as well...we'll see.

Here is a quick preview: (Still a lot of work to do, dots to align, hue's to tweak, etc).

10 minutes ago, steve dra said:

Hey Emi,

Before I upload I like to test the textures running thru the CRJ Livery Manager.  However I can't seem to find it anywhere on my system.  The only addon I see on the Aerosoft CRJ menu is the CRJ Manager.  Can you tell me if I'm just not looking in the right place? 

And I may wait before uploading to finish and include the photo-tail I'm painting for her.  You know how fond I am of them (esp. LH 747 tails);)  I may do the LH tail for the LH Regional as well...we'll see.

Here is a quick preview: (Still a lot of work to do, dots to align, hue's to tweak, etc).

Beautiful!! I'm not emi but Livery manager can be found on /Prepar3D-FSX main folder/ecosystem/Aerosoft/Digital Aviation CRJ/Livery_manager

1 hour ago, steve dra said:

Hey Emi,

haha, looking good Steve! ;)

53 minutes ago, santipp said:

Beautiful!! I'm not emi but Livery manager can be found on /Prepar3D-FSX main folder/ecosystem/Aerosoft/Digital Aviation CRJ/Livery_manager

You name it!

Thanks Santipp, I found it!

If you want a laugh Emi....here is one....

I was using P3D's Avatar mode to walk around the tail, getting the closeups I need to make the fine adjustments to the dots that span from the vertical stab to the rudder.

Up until just now, I always used the default 3rd person view, where you're looking over his shoulder. Well, if you press S (to cycle views) you change to a first person view, where the avatar goes away (or so I thought).

Well, I was on the right side of the plane....took the pic I needed to align the dots on that side, then moved over to the left side to grab a screen there.

As I walked past the tail, I swung my view around, and BAM....I was staring at my virtual self!

To say it startled me is an understatement! :D  The level of detail they put into the avatar's face is quite amazing...freckles, blemishes, 5  o'clock shadow and all!

Anyway, I got the screens I needed....making the final adjustments to the tail now.

29 minutes ago, steve dra said:

Thanks Santipp, I found it!

If you want a laugh Emi....here is one....

I was using P3D's Avatar mode to walk around the tail, getting the closeups I need to make the fine adjustments to the dots that span from the vertical stab to the rudder.

Up until just now, I always used the default 3rd person view, where you're looking over his shoulder. Well, if you press S (to cycle views) you change to a first person view, where the avatar goes away (or so I thought).

Well, I was on the right side of the plane....took the pic I needed to align the dots on that side, then moved over to the left side to grab a screen there.

As I walked past the tail, I swung my view around, and BAM....I was staring at my virtual self!

To say it startled me is an understatement! :D  The level of detail they put into the avatar's face is quite amazing...freckles, blemishes, 5  o'clock shadow and all!

Anyway, I got the screens I needed....making the final adjustments to the tail now.

LOL. Very funny!

You're welcome!

Think I'm done with the tail textures.

Taking a few final pics on her rocketing out of LOWI (what's better than those mountains in the background of a screenshot?)

I think she's looking pretty good. What do you think?

I'll get her uploaded after dinner (here in the USA).

4 minutes ago, steve dra said:

Think I'm done with the tail textures.

Taking a few final pics on her rocketing out of LOWI (what's better than those mountains in the background of a screenshot?)

I think she's looking pretty good. What do you think?

I'll get her uploaded after dinner (here in the USA).

Nice shots! Looking forward to be the first downloader!!! (I'm having dinner right now!)

btw, Can you do a Skywest repaint?? N217AG but in Skywest colors

7 minutes ago, santipp said:

Nice shots! Looking forward to be the first downloader!!! (I'm having dinner right now!)

btw, Can you do a Skywest repaint?? N217AG but in Skywest colors

Hey Santipp,

You may not be the 1st one to download it...but I can guarantee you'll be the 1st one to fly it (besides me of course, hehe)

Check your PM.

Not sure about Skywest....I'm not even supposed to be painting...being a retired painter and all. :D  

I'm really just focusing on the planes I want to fly...and Eurowings was in fact one of them (along with LH regional)...so that is why I jumped in here and helped out.

Maybe down the road when I've actually learned to fly the thing (She ain't a Boeing or Airbus...that is quite certain, hehe)

Just uploaded her.  She's right here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/4506-textureeur_dacnnzip/

Special thanks to Santipp for testing the file using the livery installer.  After some troubleshooting, we got it to install perfectly using the installer. :)

And my signature release screenshot....(been using it almost 15 years now :blink:)

2 hours ago, steve dra said:

Special thanks to Santipp for testing the file using the livery installer.  After some troubleshooting, we got it to install perfectly using the installer. :)

And my signature release screenshot....(been using it almost 15 years now :blink:)

Amazing one! You're always Welcome!!!

vor 6 Stunden , steve dra sagte:

Steve, thanks for your outstanding work, not only with the CRJ now, but with all your repaints. I have been enjoying your work for many years now and I think that those contributions are what really make the flight sim community so special. Thank you!

9 hours ago, santipp said:

Amazing one! You're always Welcome!!!

Thanks Santipp.  Remember that all of the textures except the photo tail are part of the original livery painted by Stefan, Holgi....whomever. (hehe, quite confused now who the original author was). ;)

The only other contribution from me was to pull the textures off the paintkit and apply them onto the texture maps.

5 hours ago, Der Flieger4 said:

Steve, thanks for your outstanding work, not only with the CRJ now, but with all your repaints. I have been enjoying your work for many years now and I think that those contributions are what really make the flight sim community so special. Thank you!

Thanks Der Flieger4.  Its really like another hobby in addition to simming that I got into years ago so I could contribute to our community.  

I have to tell you if you want to learn about obscure airlines you knew nothing about before, get into painting!  

When you start scouring the web for good pics to replicate the livery, you take a inevitably journey into their history, LOL.  In addition, as you start posting preview pics, simmers will begin replying and add their unique knowledge about that airline, which has enriched my knowledge and appreciation for the industry in general. 

I can't begin to tell you how many simmers I've communicated with that had stories like that...from the pure enthusiasts, to passengers, cabin crew, pilots, mechanics...you name it...I've talked with them.

A lot of times I grant requests based on the engaging stories simmers will tell me of fond memories of a livery, particular airframe, etc.

One story that sticks with me is one about a friend of a KLM 777 captain who was retiring and they put his military call sign on the side of the plane he flew for his last flight.  If you have access to the Avsim forums, here is a link to it:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/419008-777-community-livery-availability-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2821362 

He and his captain friend were very excited to see "his" 777 reproduced in flightsim. :)  

Oh I can definitely relate to that, in fact I also did a few repaints and even uploaded most of them to various flightsim sites...but nowhere near the amount you have completed over the years. :)

I really loved painting exotic liveries, but my time has been quite limited over the last few years, as I have been lucky to get the opportunity to set out and start a real world flying career. Therefore I am glad if I have some time for some flightsimming then and now...let alone painting aircraft.

The KLM story sounds really specal, a very nice gift for someone ending his as it seems very long career.

Archived