STAR/Approach Conflict

Not sure if this bug has been mentioned yet, but I took off with only my STAR loaded into the FMS. When I got closer to the destination and tried to load the approach, the FMS is only giving me approach options for one runway. The STAR favors all runways according to the plate. The STAR I have loaded in the HOBRK2 into KMEM but it'll only let me select approaches for runway 9. If this bug has been mentioned already I apologize. 

To add to this, if you are on the STAR, but have not yet been assigned a runway (or had a runway changed by ATC), the FMC currently "resets" the entire STAR and sequences the first waypoint of the STAR as the active waypoint when you make a runway selection/change and EXEC modification. This should not happen... the airplane should continue to fly the STAR from the present position onward and not turn around and start flying the STAR from the beginning. 

Example:

Flying the CAMRN4 arrival into New York, positioned between HOGGS and PANZE, select an arrival runway and EXEC the change. The DA CRJ would turn 180 degrees and go back to begin flying the arrival from the SIE VOR which is incorrect. It should continue to PANZE and continue and on with the arrival (KARRS, CAMRN, etc). 

12 hours ago, Lude2Envy said:

Not sure if this bug has been mentioned yet, but I took off with only my STAR loaded into the FMS. When I got closer to the destination and tried to load the approach, the FMS is only giving me approach options for one runway. The STAR favors all runways according to the plate. The STAR I have loaded in the HOBRK2 into KMEM but it'll only let me select approaches for runway 9. If this bug has been mentioned already I apologize. 

The reason for this was something that rarely happens in Europe. There is no STAR but multiple STAR->Approach-Transitions with the same name but for different runways. It might be not that uncommon in the US, but I haven't seen this before yet.

Anyway, it's fixed and will be available with the next update (1.0.0.5)

14 hours ago, hp500 said:

To add to this, if you are on the STAR, but have not yet been assigned a runway (or had a runway changed by ATC), the FMC currently "resets" the entire STAR and sequences the first waypoint of the STAR as the active waypoint when you make a runway selection/change and EXEC modification. This should not happen... the airplane should continue to fly the STAR from the present position onward and not turn around and start flying the STAR from the beginning. 

Example:

Flying the CAMRN4 arrival into New York, positioned between HOGGS and PANZE, select an arrival runway and EXEC the change. The DA CRJ would turn 180 degrees and go back to begin flying the arrival from the SIE VOR which is incorrect. It should continue to PANZE and continue and on with the arrival (KARRS, CAMRN, etc). 

Thanks for posting this. I fixed it (was quite a bit of work) and it will be available in the next update (1.0.0.5)

3 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Thanks for posting this. I fixed it (was quite a bit of work) and it will be available in the next update (1.0.0.5)

Awesome! I too, was having this issue, since I fly mostly in the US and there are a lot of runway specific STAR transitions that require you to select a runway to be able to fly the whole arrival/load in all the waypoints. Thank you guys for your hard work on improving the CRJ!

14 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The reason for this was something that rarely happens in Europe. There is no STAR but multiple STAR->Approach-Transitions with the same name but for different runways. It might be not that uncommon in the US, but I haven't seen this before yet.

Anyway, it's fixed and will be available with the next update (1.0.0.5)

Thanks for addressing this. In Europe a lot of STARs transition you to the initial approach fix, or some segment of the approach, for a specific instrument approach. In the U.S., however, a lot of the STARs don't take you to an approach fix. They put you in position to receive vectors to the final approach course. The HOBRK2 I mentioned in my OP is a good example of this. 

Archived