Freezed Flight Controls etc

• Aerosoft

Well I am sorry to say that there is something on your system that is not okay. As I said, we have seen this with 2 other users, one of them had corrupted runtimes, the other many tweaked FS files and resetting them to what Microsoft intended solved the issue.

I would start by checking if all your runtimes are okay.

• Aerosoft

Well, as it works for thousands upon thousands of other people there still must be something that is not okay on your system. Unfortunately impossible for us to say what that could be. If all the software is reset you have to consider a hardware issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

After a lot of days trying to get it to work I finally decided to join you in this thread. My sim is P3Dv3. I suppose this is an important fact since, if I recall it correctly, this issue happened on different sim-platforms.

I basically have the same issue as mentioned above... the plane's dead with engines running and when I push the throttle it moves and is steerable (which is particularly strange since even from the outside view the nose wheel and the rudder are both frozen).

When I purchased the bird, it had v 1.0.0.4. Today I tried to perform a clean uninstall and reinstalled v 1.0.0.5 and still there's nothing working.

There's also to mention that loading times got pretty annoying. Starting P3D takes up to 7 minutes to load the main menu. Even when (as recommended) a default plane is loaded it takes up to 5 minutes to load the sim. I don't know if this is relevant but before installing the CRJ, I was amazed because P3D loaded a scenario almost instantly...

However, Mathijs, I don't consider a hardware issue since for example the Busses are working fine and even in a dense environment everything works smoothly.

I really don't want to do a clean uninstall (even if I'm sure that I'm going to do it anyway) of the whole sim and reinstall it again. Because as I'm sure all of you know, it's a pain in the ... 

Here's my question (and please don't laugh): What is a dll and how do i update it?

Thank you in advance. You did a great job not only with the CRJ (I watched a lot of videos about it :-D) but with all of your products and the support of them.

Sincerely

Nicolas

Thank you, I'll try it. Not at my computer at the moment. Where do I find it? And does this solve this miraculous dll issue?

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. I'll be back when I gave it a try.

On 17.8.2017 at 18:40, Motormike sagte:

Try the repair function in P3D 

Hi,

okay, gave the repair a try.

After waiting for P3D to start (felt like it lasts years again ...), it didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore...

Have you got an idea, what the problem could be?

Thanks for your reply yesterday and for your reply in a advance,

Regards

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

At this moment I simply have no idea why this does not work on your system. I still believe the simulator is at fault so a clean install might help.

Thank you, Mathijs. I thought that it might be the only solution. So I'll better start asap and give feedback afterwards.

Again thanks for your help.

Regards

My apologies for not joining this thread earlier, but I've been busy with working on the next service pack.

The issue is not that something is stuck but that the gauge DLL can't load because something is missing. Usually that is the FSX SP2 SimConnect DLL, but since you use FSX, it can't be missing or the whole simulator wouldn't even start.

My next best guess is the Visual C++ 2015 runtime library which you can download directly at Microsoft. Make sure you get the x86 version (= 32 bit).

Please give it a try and let us know whether it helped or not.

vor 1 hour , Hans Hartmann sagte:

My apologies for not joining this thread earlier, but I've been busy with working on the next service pack.

The issue is not that something is stuck but that the gauge DLL can't load because something is missing. Usually that is the FSX SP2 SimConnect DLL, but since you use FSX, it can't be missing or the whole simulator wouldn't even start.

My next best guess is the Visual C++ 2015 runtime library which you can download directly at Microsoft. Make sure you get the x86 version (= 32 bit).

Please give it a try and let us know whether it helped or not.

Hans, thanks for joining the conversation!

I've got a question regarding the same problem in P3D v3. Since I use Actice Sky 2016 I suppose that I have simconnect installed and working, since this program needs it. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not that educated with this stuff ;-).

What makes me a bit confused is that the AS Busses work normally. Or do I mash up different things here ;-).

I'll try what you mentioned and will be back to you then.

Thanks again.

Regards

Nicolas

It's pretty easy. The gauge DLL is the same for FSX and P3Dv3. The Simconnect DLL for FSX works with P3Dv3 too, but not vice versa. Quite a few other add-ons work the same way, including the AS Busses and ActiveSky. Fortunately P3D v3 ships with the right DLL in it's redist folder. The difference between the CRJ and ActiveSky and the AS Busses is probably the version of Visual C++ that has been used. That's the reason for the suggestion in my post above.

I see... thanks for these informations. Well, I tried installing the Visual C++ 2015 x86 after downloading it. Then it told me to uninstall the prior version. I did so and then installed it. As you can see from the pic I uploaded, the installation progress froze at this point. I can't do anything except for abort it. Did that several times now, it's always the same...

Please login to display this image.

Weird. It's only a couple of files that are being copied, so you could try if it already works. If it doesn't, I would recommend to restart the PC, uninstall VC++ 2015 Redist from the "Software" control panel, restart again and then try to install it.

vor 2 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

Weird. It's only a couple of files that are being copied, so you could try if it already works. If it doesn't, I would recommend to restart the PC, uninstall VC++ 2015 Redist from the "Software" control panel, restart again and then try to install it.

I tried as you described with the same result. The installer froze at some point and I had to drop it. Altough I have to say that somehow the trick improved loading times very much, but the CRJ was still dead.

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

It is however another indication something is not healthy. 

You're right. Maybe the installation of the CRJ brought something to light that was hidden before. Some of the hobby will always be a mystery to me ... 

Instead of wasting your time any longer and trying to heal one file while hurting several others, I'll perform a clean un- and a fresh re-install, and dump good olde FSX on the way and then I'll be back to you with my results. I've got a looong day off work tomorrow, so there will be plenty of time ;-).

One last question that just occured to me: Could it be possible that my old FSX installation (which is located on the same HDD partition) corrupts parts of P3D?

Thank you and all the best to both of you!

Archived