Freezed Flight Controls etc

vor 6 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I have never seen any link between FSX and P3D, they should live completely separate lives.

Hello,

Thank you, I already thought so, too.

I've got some news. Performed the clean uninstall and reinstalled P3D v3 and then tried to install the CRJ. After the first part of the installation was finished, a window opened and installed simconnect. Then nothing happened anymore for 10 minutes (exceot for the install wizard icon on the tasks panel). I then aborted it and had to leave the computer for today. But, since the installation clearly wasn't finished I think I'll see the dead cockpit again tomorrow.

FYI, that was what happened the very first time I installed the CRJ after purchase 2 weeks ago. Maybe you, Hans, have a clou what that could be? When I encountered that the first time I uninstalled and reinstalled it and this time it finished normally (with RAAS and the PC restart at the end), except that the cockpit was dead then.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards

For the person running P3D having problems... have you run the manual SimConnect installers for P3D?  This is a required part of the P3D installation that has to be done manually.  If you haven't done this, there is a good chance this will resolve your issues.  You can find the procedure in the thread below (don't pay attention to the title of the post, just use the part for manually installing the different SimConnect packages).

By the way, it's possible to have a SimConnect package installed and have it currupted by a later software install.  As such, it's never a bad idea to uninstall an reinstall the different versions of SimConnect.  Same goes for the C++ Redistributables.

vor 48 Minuten, DaveCT2003 sagte:

For the person running P3D having problems...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your input and the information provided. It was very interesting to read all the info in that links. Seems that slowly I get a hint on how some of these things work ;-).

Only it's weird that I never heard of any manual installation of the Simconnect files mentioned, since as I wrote previously I was using the Busses for some time no on P3D without any trouble.

That's a new input now. I'll give it a go tomorrow and then report back to you. Thank you!!!

Kind regards,

Nicolas

Just now, DLHAirbus321 said:

Only it's weird that I never heard of any manual installation of the Simconnect files mentioned, since as I wrote previously I was using the Busses for some time no on P3D without any trouble.

You are most welcome.

The likely reason for that is you may not have noticed smaller problems, or you may not have been doing things like using Connected Flight Deck.  Each product, and somtimes routines/functions in a product can use different versions of SimConnect and different versions of the C++ Redistributables.

Let us know how you make out.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

thank you for your latest answer and your support. I tried as you recommended (installed the 3 simconnect clients, and updated the C++ redists) and have to say that I have the exact same problem ...

Here a screenshot.

I don't know what to do now, since now even the clean reinstall didn't work ... really disappointed at the moment :-(.

Regards

Nicolas

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

I can understand you are disappointed. 

But to be honest, if you done all that proposed and it still does not work we are out of ideas what could cause it. Something is wrong on your system. Our add-on calls some data that is available on tens of thousands of systems but not on yours. If I recall correctly we had sixteen people with this issue and eight of those have been solved,  Five have not followed up (so we assume these are solved) and three are still open. You are one of those three.

Ignoring a possible hardware issue (extremely unlikely) i can only say that if you wipe your disk, install the OS, the sim and the add-on it will absolutely work. I do know that is a hard message to accept, but that's the point you are at.

vor 18 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Ignoring a possible hardware issue (extremely unlikely) i can only say that if you wipe your disk, install the OS, the sim and the add-on it will absolutely work. I do know that is a hard message to accept, but that's the point you are at.

Hi mathijs,

Thank you for replying. Sorry for my disappointment. I didn't mean to shout out for support were none is possible any more, neither did I want to have my money back, since I'm soooo keen to fly that bird one day ;-).

Oh my, your recommendation is always the toughest choice to take but, at the same time, isn't it a fresh start as well ;-)? Since my PC setup isn't that high-end anymore (although everything I do runs smoothly on it), it might help solving some other issues as well.

I'll do that and of course will report back to you. I can't say that I didn't thought about that before and I'm sure this will do the trick.

For the moment I want to thank all of you for your support and for dealing with my problem(s).

Yours sincerely

Nicolas

On 22.8.2017 at 18:35, DaveCT2003 sagte:

vor 19 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Hello,

I did a complete wipe and started from scratch with my OS and the Sim again and finally...

IT WORKED!!!!:D:D:D

Eventually, the complete restart was the best way to wipe out all the issues I had after all the years of simming. Thank you all for the support!

Finally I wanted to send you this picture.

Again thank you for help, support and last but not least the wonderful software you keep publishing.

All the best to all of you.

Yours sincerely

Nicolas

PS: To the last two who are following up here and dealing with the same issue: All the best to you as well and I really hope you got (will get) to sort this issue out!

Please login to display this image.

Very happy you have the issue resolved and more importantly that you're back flying!!!

Sometimes we have to bite the bullet and choke down the whole tamale.  Anyway who's been in flight sim for a while has had to do this and none of us like it.  But one always ends up with a clean system that runs GREAT!  On top of that, one can actually save time and frustration by moving to a complete reinstall compared to the time it takes to troubleshoot this elusive issues

Best wishes for Happy Flights my friend!  Go get 'um!

Dave,

Thank you for your kind words. You're right, we all hate it, but it's a burden we all are happy to take if it helps us enjoy flying again without always having to fear that some major problems may occur. Eventually being back flying again makes every anger go away instantly.

And finally I want to thank you again for pointing me in a direction that finally lets me begin to understand what is behind the sim itself. Although still most of it is a mystery to me;).

And last but not least, Mathijs, thank you, sir, you all do a great job here at Aerosoft and I sincerely wish you the best for future projects and future develpoments of the flight sim hobby. And, of course you're right. A healthy system makes a healthy sim and healthy addons and sometimes you need to start over again from scratch to make it healthy again 

I decided to join the forum from now on more actively, since the community now helped me more than once instantly and I want to contribute (as far as I'm able to do so;)) to it as well.

Yours sincerely,

Nicolas

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:35 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

You are most welcome.

The likely reason for that is you may not have noticed smaller problems, or you may not have been doing things like using Connected Flight Deck.  Each product, and somtimes routines/functions in a product can use different versions of SimConnect and different versions of the C++ Redistributables.

Best wishes.

I use an all-in-one Visual C++ Redistributable installer on a regular basis. It first uninstalls all existing redist files, then downloads and installs every available 32 and 64 bit VC redist directly from Microsoft for all VC++ versions from 2005 through 2017.

The program is mentioned in this thread at the Guru3D forums:  https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/new-c-installer-released-hassle-free-uninstaller-reinstaller.393405/

The link to download the installer is found in the first post of the thread. I run this at least every couple of weeks, or after installing any new software on my system.

Jim Barrett

8 minutes ago, DLHAirbus321 said:

This sounds to be a very useful tool thanks for sharing! I also wondered if there's any chance to get update notifications from when a new C++ is released.

Nicolas

I'm not sure. You would probably have to subscribe to the Microsoft Developer Network to get notifications of updates. AFAIK, the tool will always get the "latest and greatest" versions of all the various MSVC runtime libraries. That's why I always run it after installing new software - just in case an older installer replaces one of the current libraries with an outdated version.

One thing to be aware of when running this tool - always run it as administrator, and be patient. It opens a command prompt window when running to show its progress. It will first uninstall all of the existing MSVC libraries, and then downloads and installs the new ones. During the install phase it may appear that nothing is happening - but just wait - you will eventually get a text message indicating that the tool is finished.

After running it, if you go to the Control Panel add/remove programs app, you should see all of the Visual C++ X86 and 64 runtimes libraries listed in chronological order from 2005 through 2017.

Jim Barrett

Wow, okay, this really sounds useful. Also to run the program each time a new addon is installed sounds like a good idea.

Thanks a lot for all the tricks you wrote. Patience (not only with computers) was never one of my strongest virtues ;). But I'll give it a try with this program.

Thanks again!

Regards

Nicolas

Archived