Verifying flight plan integrity

Hello,

My apologies if this comes off as a really dumb question as I am not entirely sure if this is a real world application or not in the CRJ.  

I am attempting to verify there are no strange anomalies in my flight plan. Per the tutorial I am to:

1. Open the FPLN page by pressing the FPLN function key

2. Go to the second page by pressing the NXT PAGE function key – now the flight plan should be visible as shown in the picture above.

3. Proceed to the side panel and switch the MFD to PLAN mode (lower knob).

4. Use the upper knob to cycle through different display ranges and check if the displayed route stays consistent.

Am I reading correctly that the only way to do this is to essentially zoom out on the nav display to a point where the entire flight plan is visible? Is there no way to perform a "step" procedure to where I can scroll through the different way points at any zoom level?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and regardless of the outcome I am absolutely in love with this plane. Hats off to anyone and everyone who had a part in creating this beauty.  

Hans,

My apologies for the delayed response. I had to get in the sim to test out your advice. Unfortunately, I am still unable to step through the waypoints. 

1) I go to FPLN pg 2 in the CDU

2) I adjust the MFD format to - PLAN

3) I attempt to use the up and down arrows on the CDU interface and they do nothing. 

Am I missing something? 

3 minutes ago, Bucnatic60 said:

Hans,

My apologies for the delayed response. I had to get in the sim to test out your advice. Unfortunately, I am still unable to step through the waypoints. 

1) I go to FPLN pg 2 in the CDU

2) I adjust the MFD format to - PLAN

3) I attempt to use the up and down arrows on the CDU interface and they do nothing. 

Am I missing something? 

While MFD format is in PLAN. Press the MFD ADV button in the CDU. Then scroll with the prev or next waypoint using the LSKs :) hope to have helped. 

Archived