Serious LNAV problem

Hi There,

I did my first test flight yesterday with the CRJ700 from Nantes (France) to Porto (Portugal) and had serious LNAV issues. Actually LNAV modes did'nt work.

Here is the sequence:

FSX Gold Edition on WIN7/64.

No weather (this was a test flight), NORM3N SID from rwy03, down south on the UN872 airway, INT to INT route across Spain to ASPOR, ASPO3C East STAR to XAPIM and VORD approach to rwy 35.

IRS properly aligned after the aircraft location was set through INIT REF.

Display control switched to MAP, Air Data reference switched to FMS1.

Take off from RWY 03, gear up, manual sharp left turn to the first waypoint (ELNER), FD cross bars aligned, NAV on, SPEED on (150 kts), flaps to 1 climb thrust (CL detent), AP on, SPEED set to 210 kts, flaps up when reaching 200kts. Stabilized on course at 210 kts... and the aircraft did'nt turn left on course to NORMI.

Switched to heading mode, then: did'nt work either. Had to hand fly the aircraft back on course to NORMI (btw hand flying this aircraft is a charm). Switched on the NAV mode again when aligned on course.

Same problem when passing NORMI: no 15deg right turn to ERIGA, whatever LNAV mode is selected. hand flew again back on course.

The route down UN872, then to ASPOR is pretty straight on bearing 220 deg and the NAV mode did the job.

Was unable to follow the final U-shape legs of the STAR to XAPIM, whether in NAV or in HDG mode.

Went hand flying, then, and tried to complete the VORD approach in VOR/LOC1 mode: Display control to NAV, Air Data ref to VOR/LOC1, NAV on.

The AP did capture the VOR but was unable to properly aligned with the beam: an offset of some 5 deg. Hand flew the final approach and gently landed on RWY 35.

Well, apparently something is wrong with all LNAV modes. Looks like the PID parameters of the AP servo loop are not properly adjusted.

The "VNAV" behavior however is working fine. The Climb thrust combination with the Speed command is just great and 100% reliable.

I also have to mention a (minor) bug with the CRJ manager: only the fuel data are transfered to FSX. The payload settings are'nt.

Would you please look at this LNAV issue? Am I the only "happy" user with such experience?

Thanks and regards,

Frank

Thanks Mathijs for the kind response.

However, if this only is a kind response, such as "got it and love you customer but AS doesn't care about it and please wait for ages till we do care about it", then you're wrong.

Look at the "NAV mode very accurate" threads.I'm not the only one experiencing that. There's obviously is a problerm with the AP LNAV mode. It does'nt work. Plain and simple.

Sorry about that  Hans, if you are the developer. Or sorry about that to the installer developer who missed the right thing for my (our) common FSX/Win7 system. But dead truth is...

Otherwise, please tell me why the PMDG NGX, Leonardo MD-80, AS A320 family , MJS Dash8-Q400, Flight1 JS41, CS Tristar sucessfully pass this (modest but real world) LFRS-LPPR test flight, in identical no weather conditions? This brand new CRJ just fails at the first waypoint and (nearly) all the way down the trip when it comes to automatically (FMS/NAV/HDG) turn by more than 5-10deg?

No doubt - and hope - AS will fix this any time soon.

Cheers,

Frank.

Note: I'm out sailing for 2 weeks and won't be able to return your message until I'm back.

th

Just now, fmop17 said:

Thanks Mathijs for the kind response.

However, if this only is a kind response, such as "got it and love you customer but AS doesn't care about it and please wait for ages till we do care about it", then you're wrong.

Look at the "NAV mode very accurate" threads.I'm not the only one experiencing that. There's obviously is a problerm with the AP LNAV mode. It does'nt work. Plain and simple.

Sorry about that  Hans, if you are the developer. Or sorry about that to the installer developer who missed the right thing for my (our) common FSX/Win7 system. But dead truth is...

Otherwise, please tell me why the PMDG NGX, Leonardo MD-80, AS A320 family , MJS Dash8-Q400, Flight1 JS41, CS Tristar sucessfully pass this (modest but real world) LFRS-LPPR test flight, in identical no weather conditions? This brand new CRJ just fails at the first waypoint and (nearly) all the way down the trip when it comes to automatically (FMS/NAV/HDG) turn by more than 5-10deg?

No doubt - and hope - AS will fix this any time soon.

Cheers,

Frank.

Note: I'm out sailing for 2 weeks and won't be able to return your message until I'm back.

sorry but does not work for you. For me and for a lot of guys works preaty well. AS is making a huge reaction with the bugs still there in the CRJ. Ist only 1 developer and in less than 2 days 4 hotfixes. And as i check forum this 2 days every hour i can see how hans respond to everybody. So this post is unfair. For sure it will be fixed soon, take in mind pay aerosoft products may be not pay to a study level product but yes for HQ addons and great support. Simply they never (or almost never) fail.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Mathijs, Hans and DA/AS team,

Your latest v1.005 + 1.005c dll file just work fine. Only a bit lazy-loosy on long (120nm) legs, but just fine. Congrats and thanks for that.

...and I have to switch to the apology mode. I mis-interpreted Mathijs's polite reply to a sort of "the check in on the mail". And obviously over-reacted to that. My mistake. Shame on me. Sorry about that.

No doubt you'gonna fix all remaining (minor) issues.

By the way, where does the DH/MDA display?

With best regards,

Frank

Archived