Heads Up Display font overlap

wnowviskie

Hello I am using 1.0.0.2 with P3D v4 and the HUD text is overlapped and way too large. I've used the FSX:SE and I do not have the same issue. I've done a clean reinstall and I am using the 1.0.0.3 gauge file

Any ideas?

Please login to display this image.

Yes sir, ECAMa is installed. Can you confirm that the tester is using P3Dv4? I don't have the issue on FSX but I do have it on v4.

• Deputy Sheriffs

He is. ;)  Could you specify what 4K is for you? There are two different resolutions that use that name depending on the monitor/TV you use. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's "ECAMa Standard" here, not "ECAMa Normal". Can you check the file size of ECAMa.ttf in your C:\Windows\Fonts folder? It should be 7268 bytes. Also, do you have an Aerosoft Airbus installed on your system?

Hans,

I have a "ECAMa Normal" font with correct file size at 7268 bytes but it appears fuzzy in the gauges. I do have Aerosoft Airbus planes installed on this computer for P3Dv3....Any help is appreciated ..

Ryann

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, leave it as it is. Do you also use a 4k Monitor and if yes with what exact resolution? Do you know if there were any special settings applied in Windows and/or the graphics driver when you installed the monitor?

no 4k monitor here.  no special settings applied to graphics driver or monitor when installed....thank you for working with me through this issue...

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem, e.g. the speed values on the left hand side don't show the hundreds digits. Originally I installed FSX while having a 1600x1200 monitor, I also installed the CRJ with that monitor, and then later changed to a 3840x2160 monitor with a different graphics card too (GTX-580 -> GTX-1080). Even after changing the "WideViewAspect=False" to "True", I still have that problem.

Regards,

Siggy

• 1 month later...

Curious if this issue got solved? Latest build it's present. Had no issue before with 2560x1080 monitor, upgraded to 4K and the issue is here, the jet works perfectly otherwise!

Archived