Lights issue

Sorry to start again to ask is this normal !! ???

(P3Dv4)

best regards

Please login to display this image.

Can someone tell me please what the Name of the default lights ? Normaly under Effects ? Sure....:(:hanged_s:

http://www.aerosoft.com/de/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x/flugzeuge/244/crj-700/900-x?number=AS01925

PS. found this in the preview in the Shop CRJ 700/900 X

is this a Picture from FSX or P3D ? -..

best regards

It's still a big issue for AS to sort out... the lights on the CRJ meet to be reduced in intensity by 100-200% or just don't use taxi and landing lights until fixed (not very immersive though) but I'm sure they will fix in an update soon

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

That picture is from P3D v4.

On your issue: We had some cases where other add-ons (SPAI for example) replaced effect bitmap files in the Effects folder. Those messed up the default effects bitmaps a great deal.

I am not a crj buyer yet but I am looking at some streams on twitch.  I noticed in the external view, sometimes there is a phantom strobes flash these strobes are in front and behind each wing. There are 4 of them that sometimes flash after the regular real strobes flash.

I spoke to Stefan (who made the model) earlier today. We're going to make copies of the correct effect bitmap files and use those for our lights. That's the best way to make sure they don't get overwritten by other add-ons. Stefan is currently testing this.

• Aerosoft

Please note we experimented very extensively with lights in V4 (in close discussion with Lockheed as there were some issues they had to solve). As it is now is the best possible, making them dimmer so they show up during the day makes them unusable in the night. Also note that HOW the light us shown depends a lot on your setting, your graphics card and your drivers.

39 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please note we experimented very extensively with lights in V4 (in close discussion with Lockheed as there were some issues they had to solve). As it is now is the best possible, making them dimmer so they show up during the day makes them unusable in the night. Also note that HOW the light us shown depends a lot on your setting, your graphics card and your drivers.

I am not getting a beacon light, nav lights, or landing lights. Only light that works for me is the logo light. Any idea?

vor 42 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

What means this ? That the light didnt fixed? It s not my Problem , in any other payware aircraft did it work corectly  .  The sam on the Default  .....

-_-:(

best regards

• Aerosoft
55 minutes ago, tcummings56 said:

I am not getting a beacon light, nav lights, or landing lights. Only light that works for me is the logo light. Any idea?

We have seen three people with these issues so far.  For two of the them the cause was pretty clear, the default effects files were altered by another add-on and inserting the correct ones (so fixing the sim, not the add-on) solved that. To avoid this issue we decided to avoid using default effects but making copies with our own names (it is VERY bad form of an add-on developer to alter default files of course).

vor 57 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We have seen three people with these issues so far.  For two of the them the cause was pretty clear, the default effects files were altered by another add-on and inserting the correct ones (so fixing the sim, not the add-on) solved that. To avoid this issue we decided to avoid using default effects but making copies with our own names (it is VERY bad form of an add-on developer to alter default files of course).

Can you tell me what are the Name of this files ???? Please

best regards

Mathijs, Its not the texture. I have the correct fx_2.bmp texture you referenced in this thread:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/125290-nav-light-issue/

And I have the same issue, shown in christan85's pictures above and the others people have posted. 

I have followed the other threads on this hoping to find a solution, and the only way I have found to not have the nav lights shining on the pavement, and landing lights illuminating buildings during the daytime, is to turn off dynamic lighting. 

Can you confirm that this is the way it is supposed to be? 

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

If it's P3D v4, please double-check that the dynamic lights feature is enabled.

Just did, it is. As long as you mean in the P3D settings. If there is an option somewhere in the CRJ files, I am unaware of the location. 

3 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No, I meant the P3D settings. Sorry for being unclear. I think Mathijs is on the right path with the .bmp files then.

Alright, do you know where I can find the default files? I doubt there is a backup on my system. Also which folder should I put them in?

Archived