Heading select with AP not on

Have been doing some quick test jumps around KSLC just to try the aircraft out.  Not setting up the FMS or anything like that, just using Dave to set the correct fuel level so i'm not overweight, setting the flaps, and heading off to the sky :)

However, with the Flight Director ON but the Autopilot itself OFF, the FD cue (using single cue) is doing something rather odd when selecting the HDG function.  Basically, if I drift a bit off course or select a new heading, it seems to be commanding I roll the wrong way to get back on course.  I have a screenshot that shows this - note the location of the heading bug, and where the FD is commanding me to go.  Now, when the AP is ON, it works fine - it's just under manual control when using the FD for guidance that I am seeing this issue.  In the attached screenshot, HDG mode is selected, ALT is selected, the FD is on, and the AP is off.  Though the NAV source is FMS1 in the screenshot, I have tried other NAV sources and the same thing is happening.  Have also tried loading straight from the Free Flight screen in FSX as well as starting with a default plane first (I always restart FSX between tests :) ).

Not a show stopper - but very annoying :)

(I also won't rule out I could be doing something wrong or that this is some quirk of the real A/C).

Please login to display this image.

D'oh!  Just realized I should have opened this in the "Manual Flight, Auto Flight, etc" sub-section of the forum and not the "General Support" section...  Not sure if someone can move it there??  Sorry 'bout that!

While you're at it, could this be related? One part of the autoflight system claims to be on point, while the nav display rightfully shows me going off track. This is the second time, full restart of sim before each flight. Several computer restarts between install and first flight. Also, deselecting the FD does not cancel AP modes, is this per design as well?

Edit: I did not load into the sim before loading the CRJ, as I just realized this is a thing. I'll check that on my next flight.

Please login to display this image.

This one has been fixed and will be available with the next update (1.0.0.5)

10 hours ago, Meese said:

While you're at it, could this be related?

No, that has a different reason and I think I found a solution. It's currently #3 in the queue.

Archived