Aircraft does not accelerate even in Full Thrust Mode

Good evening,

today I had my first flight with the CRJ. The plane was about to catch its cruise altitude and I wondered why it did not accelerate while pitching down. The plane was leveled off and the speed was maintained even with full thrust.

Suddenly, the plane slowed down very fast and entered the red stall area (still with full thrust). Unfortunately, I had to cancel the flight.

- P3D V4 is my sim

- Win10 is my OS

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Hmm. On this pic i dont see full thrust mode? You lower the throttle step by step, as can be seen in pic. The left display also shows your in Manual mode, with levers at near idle (last pic). Well, it cant accelerate like this.

Also, i wonder why you think your pitching down? Your having the nose up :-) Even pretty steep.

So lets put together:

1. Youre near idle in throttle.

2. Your pitch is at near 25 degree upwards

3. Flaps are at 0, even your near stall speed

4. Your at 34k feet, where air is thin and you have little room for up/down in thrust/speed.

Result is a stall. Its a feature, not a bug, i would say :-)

Unfortunately, I haven't taken a pic of the situation with throttle in idle position. What I didn't recognize is that the plane was pitched up that high.

I'll do another flight and check whether I can reproduce it or not.

Thanks!

Use speed mode to climb at 290 knots and mach .74 after you cross the altitude at which point with current weather and ac weight 290 knots = mach .74. This way the autopilot will adjust the vertical speed accordingly to keep your IAS at selected safe speed during climb. Reduce thrust to appropriate level when you capture cruise altitude.

Unfortunately, I haven't taken a pic of the situation with throttle in idle position. What I didn't recognize is that the plane was pitched up that high.

I'll do another flight and check whether I can reproduce it or not.

Thanks!

I saw the uncommanded pitch up and related loss of speed only once during testing. In that case, I'm positive it was caused by Active Sky weather injection. I believe there was a sudden drastic change in the barometric pressure due to corrupt data in the weather feed.

HiFi has implemented some good "sanity checking" routines in their weather engine to prevent sudden shifts in temperature, wind or pressure caused by bad weather data, but I think it can still happen occasionally.

Of course, if you were not using r/w weather, then it may not be the culprit.

Archived