Weather Off message.

haseen

I just set the mode knob on the WXR panel (center pedestal between the captain's audio panel and the backup radio tuning unit) and it changed from RADAR OFF to WX. The WX/TERR button on the side panel just switches between terrain and weather radar.

One more thing: If a EGPWS terrain warning is active, then the MFD will show the terrain map, no matter what you selected. It's locked to that until the terrain warning goes away.

Dear Hans:

I haven't yet downloaded the v1.0.0.4. Still using the original version.

My os: win 7 64 bit, fsx acc.

I powered up the plane, aligned IRS. The map shows RADAR OFF even when the wx radar cont. Pnl switch is set to 'wx'/on position. No terrain is present nearby. Any clue?

Haseen.

1 hour ago, haseen said:

I don't want terrain mode. Is it a fact that the radar won't turn on without Active Sky?

Haseen.

Like I said before, yes, it doesn't work or switch on without active sky 

1 hour ago, haseen said: I don't want terrain mode. Is it a fact that the radar won't turn on without Active Sky?

Haseen.

Like I said before, yes, it doesn't work or switch on without active sky 

I have always been able to turn the weather radar "on" even with no external weather injection program running (Active Sky). Of course, without the weather injection, there is no possibility of actually seeing any weather display, but it doesn't seem to cause a radar off message.

This is with P3DV4 btw.

Jim Barrett

Dear gjharral, JRBarrett:

Thanks for being with me. I use fsx acc. and don't have Active Sky. In PMDG, fsl Airbus A320-x and other add-on airplanes, I can turn on weather radar, can't see weather though. I wish to have that kind of feature in AS CRJ. I'll just be able to turn on wx radar. That's it. Thanks.

Haseen.

Dear Mathijs:

Thank you so much for replying and for making the CRJ, a very very nice airplane!

JRBarret said: 

"I have always been able to turn the weather radar "on" even with no external weather injection program running (Active Sky). Of course, without the weather injection, there is no possibility of actually seeing any weather display, but it doesn't seem to cause a radar off message.

This is with P3DV4 btw."

1. Then why can't I turn on WX Radar in FSX Acc?

2. In Aerosoft Airbus A320/319/318, does weather radar turns on?

3. Just to have a psycho benefit that my WX Radar is on. Yes, I would prefer that way.

Regards,

Haseen.

4 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

I have always been able to turn the weather radar "on" even with no external weather injection program running (Active Sky). Of course, without the weather injection, there is no possibility of actually seeing any weather display, but it doesn't seem to cause a radar off message.

This is with P3DV4 btw.

Jim Barrett

Not here. Radar always says "off" no matter what 

4 hours ago, JRBarrett said:  

This is with P3DV4 btw.

Jim Barrett

Not here. Radar always says "off" no matter what 

Interesting. Which sim platform are you using?

Archived