Things I've noticed that are missing so far

I initially posted in the wrong part of the forums and I was redirected here. First, let me say I'm happy with the CRJ so I'm not coming here to complain. Secondly, I am type rated in the CRJ 200, 700 and 900 and fly for an airline in the US. I bought this to do train up for my 6 month and 12 month checks.

I've noticed a few things that don't work or maybe they just haven't been implemented yet and I was looking for a place to consolidate these items in the hopes that they could get fixed or added if they were overlooked.

1. Advisory Vnav doesn't work.

2. Radar doesn't work.

3. TCAS doesn't work (I need to take a closer look, but so far, no luck)

Honestly, the advisory vnav is a big one for me. We use it alot for decent planning.

10 minutes ago, ReconB4 said:

3. TCAS doesn't work (I need to take a closer look, but so far, no luck)

I had issues with this as well but, I found that the ATC SEL rotary knob was not in the "1" position. It was on "STBY". You can find this under the weather radar controls on the lower pedestal. Also, TA\RA activates automatically above 800AGL.

40 minutes ago, ReconB4 said:

1. Advisory Vnav doesn't work.

I think I had this issue in P3D v4 also. Will try again later today to make sure I didn't miss something

I too noticed that on the MFD with the map, if u select MFD data then the bottom left options (Off/On/VNAV/____ ....I believe) select ON and then change the heading, your heading bug that says what you're changing it to will overlap with the information given when you select on. (the white info and magenta heading number overlap). I don't have a screenshot because I uninstalled it. Not going to reinstall until more fixes have been introduced.

21 minutes ago, Over and Out said:

Radar requires Active Sky. The manuals state ASN, but of course it works with AS16, too.

I have AS16 and use it but I saw nothing, even in test. I will check again.

As far as TCAS and all the systems, I am pretty familiar with them since I fly these aircraft for work. I saw nothing, but I need to check my AI. That one I know I still needed to look into

So that leaves advisory vnav. I know how to set it up, I do it on a daily basis in the actual aircraft but it is not showing up for some reason. One of you said it's there, I'll just have to take your word for it. I'm not sure what you're looking at and no offense, if you know what you're looking at. All I can say is that it isn't there for me even though I've enabled it and turned it on for both sides.

I'll have to go check these things right now and report back. Thank you for the replies.

Actually, I just had a thought about the person saying they've been using advisory vnav. Are you referring to the magenta advisory arc? If so, that is not what I'm talking about. Just wanted to make sure.

Another thing about the advisory vnav, I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like, I could not find anything in the documentation that shows what it looks like. From one flight I did I assume it was the white star glideslope indication on the right portion of the pfd just left of the altitude tape? 

The white star indicates the calculated descent angle. It's shown on the same scale as the glideslope. The blue ball on the VSI indicates the required vertical speed to stay on the calculated path. Both are ONLY available durnig descent.

8 hours ago, XFalcon750 said:

Another thing about the advisory vnav, I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like, I could not find anything in the documentation that shows what it looks like. From one flight I did I assume it was the white star glideslope indication on the right portion of the pfd just left of the altitude tape? 

Actually not described in the official DA/AS documentation, but you can read a tester's description here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/516650-aerosoft-crj-700900-released/?do=findComment&comment=3682955

9 hours ago, ReconB4 said:

I have AS16 and use it but I saw nothing, even in test. I will check again.

(...)

Definitely had the green stuff on the ND yesterday, after selecting the appropriate weather in AS16. It has to be 'precipitation', not just 'clouds', but you're probably aware of that already.

And it looks like it's too late for the 'one topic per issue' stuff!   :P

Guys, I appreciate the comments, but like I said, I am type rated in these aircraft, been flying them since 2008 and I'm at my second airline. The advisory vnav I'm talking about is not the snowflake (I know that's the actual advisory vnav), not the magenta predictive arc (banana), but the descent info you get on the MFD when you have a new alt on the FMS/Waypoint you are navigating to. It should tell you at what rate to descend. Other things that I've found...

Transponder doesn't actually work on vatsim. It always shows in standby so you have to actually use their transponder in Vpilot

The 3rd radio/backup on the center pedestal, the off/stby/on switch says transponder when the mouse is hovered over it

Interior lighting is pretty much nonfunctional except for the center pedestal integ knob which turns on everything instead of just the backlights of the lables. Way too bright for night flights

The taxi light is stuck, pointing to the 1-2 O'clock position

The flight spoilers shouldn't all stay up when they're deployed and you roll in either direction. One of them should lower a bit. It's something to be aware of in the real aircraft since you lose some of that drag. The 200 doesn't do this, just the 700/900

Radio volume doesn't work

The aircraft will start climbing excessively when deploying flaps at or below the correct speeds, sometimes happens in turns as well while lining up for approach

I have yet to have the aircraft capture the glide slope on an ILS. The Loc works fine, but the plane will just stay level or sometimes will start, at most, a 100 fpm descent even though it shows GS on the PFD

The slightest turbulence seems exaggerated. The plane will go into massive climbs and descents, while descending through normal weather and overstress even though its at or below Vb/Mb

I'll say it again, I am not here to say anything negative, just listing things I've found in the hopes that it can get fixed or we can find out what is going on. I want to use this on a professional level but it's kind of hard to at the moment. I understand it's new and updates are coming.

Also, TCAS seems to be fine so we can scratch that from my OP, but the Radar just isn't working. I do have AS16, but I get nothing. I know some of you say it works for you.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:24 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

The white star indicates the calculated descent angle. It's shown on the same scale as the glideslope. The blue ball on the VSI indicates the required vertical speed to stay on the calculated path. Both are ONLY available durnig descent.

That isn't what I'm talking about. You should get a vertical speed FPM descent number on the MFD when your next intersection has a lower alt restriction.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let's compare with a real CRJ.....

the "vertical speed FPM descent number on the MFD"  in the REAL CRJ:  

not very good picture but readable (if you zoom in):

(btw the feelthere has it about right )

Please login to display this image.

The point of the  OP  was that the FPM calculated by the advisory VNAV  is indicated on the MFD.

Thats what i wanted to show or prove by the pictures . 

Guys I can't tell you why I'm not seeing some things, like the radar and other things. I'm just reporting them. I can say with 1.0.0.5 that I can now capture the glide slope on the ILS but regular navigation using the NAV mode seems to be going a little crazy with this hotfix. It's like the plane is flying a ghost route, instead of the actual route. After a couple of waypoints however, it seems to clean itself up a little bit, but not as nice as it was with 1.0.0.4

3 minutes ago, Guy9 said:

The point of the  OP  was that the FPM calculated by the advisory VNAV  is indicated on the MFD.

Thats what i wanted to show or prove by the pictures . 

That's exactly what I'm talking about, thank you.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

And my point further above was: No list threads. That was ignored either.

I apologize, I don't understand what you mean. I just want things to be correct and I'd venture a guess and say that most people really wouldn't know if this plane was correct or not. I may have higher expectations since I do fly it for a living.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let's compare with a real CRJ.....

That is exactly what I'm doing. I've been flying them since 2008. I'm just trying to help and am available.

Completely agree with you RECONB4. VNAV advisory is real glitchy and doesn't display the VNAV descent profile advisory you mentioned. I saw it once but its was calculated against a random waypoint but ignored the ones that had crossing restrictions. I've been using the puuple banana to manage descents but It would be nice to have that work. I'm still thankful for Hans for all his hardwork in delivering use the CRJ. It will get there Thanks!!

v/r

ROMAN78

Are you guys talking about the info that is displayed in the dir intc page? That page seems to have all the descent rates to various waypoints.

Is it possible that this is one of those real world FMS software differences?

4 hours ago, beachdog2001 said:

Are you guys talking about the info that is displayed in the dir intc page? That page seems to have all the descent rates to various waypoints.

Is it possible that this is one of those real world FMS software differences?

No, if you look up a few posts, you'll see a picture of the wilco crj and a real crj cockpit picture that shows what is supposed to be shown on the MFD

Archived