ILS capture from FMS Nav mode.

1. Do I have to tune ILS frequency manually and select inbound course manually?

2. Where can I see course pointer in the MAP format?

Haseen.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

You need to switch the NAV SOURCE on the side panel from FMS1 to VOR/LOC1 and press the APPR button on the autopilot panel. This is no Airbus, so it doesn't work automatically.

NAV to NAV transfer not simulated here?

Just now, FrankieCRJ900 said:

NAV to NAV transfer not simulated here?

No, thanks to a mixture of old and new manuals and pilots who flew NG and non NG... My FCOM shows "NG", but no word about NAV to NAV transfer in there. But I'm going to implement it. Just give me some time. I need to worry about the real bugs first.

Hi Haseen,

ILS frequency and course are manually set. For the last part before intercept ILS you fly with HDG and can change the NAV Source / set course.

But an little help window at touch the course selector with your mouse show the actually course.

19 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No, thanks to a mixture of old and new manuals and pilots who flew NG and non NG... My FCOM shows "NG", but no word about NAV to NAV transfer in there. But I'm going to implement it. Just give me some time. I need to worry about the real bugs first.

I wasn't expecting it.. it all depends if the aircraft has FMS 4.2 software.. some of our fleet does, some no. Most never even use the feature 

Dear FraPre:

As I have selected the ILS approach in the dep/arr page, the FMS knows the ILS frequency & inbound course. FMS nav radio autotune is on. Will not the FMS automatically tune the required ILS frequency? Or the FMS v4.1 can only tune en route nav radios?

Haseen.

12 hours ago, haseen said:

Will not the FMS automatically tune the required ILS frequency?

No. The CRJ FMS doesn't do that. You have to tune the frequency manually. What it will do though, is set the LOC course for you, once a localizer is detected.

AUTO/MAN is what Alexander says. In AUTO, the FMS tunes the closest DME or VORDME (for backup position calculation). In MAN it doesn't do that and uses the manually tuned frequency.

Archived