VNAV Deviation Display.

Dear FraPre:

I was making a flight from vgjr to vghs. I chose cruise alt 13000. I filled the LEGS page with alt constraints and the route was continuous. But I can't see any TOD in the MFD map format.

Os: win 7 64 bit, fsx acc., CRJ 700 900 X original version. Not yet downloaded v1.0.0.4.

Hi,

your routing is verry short. I´ve tested that and i had an TOD, but too late (after DAC).

Maybe too little information on the short piece.

I flew today 2 flights, and had an TOD and VNAV has worked perfectly.

Also I noticed I don't have any TOD displayed when the route is short (STAR then SID without any other legs).

But if you click on the 'mfd data' from the fms you will see the TOD in the legs list.

At my flight from ASE to DEN no TOD are displayed, but my CRZ ALT are 17000 ft and the first constraint are above this ALT. The first required descend to 13000 was not marked with TOD.

In the further course, however, a TOD was displayed, but unrelated, since other effective constraints were not previously displayed.

I too, have noticed that the TOD is usually way too late and the VNAV prediction is off. Say if I am cruising at FL380 and the next waypoint I have to be below FL270, the TOD somehow appears after that waypoint. I'll see if I can make a more detailed post about this later, but it seems in most flights that I just ignore the TOD and the VNAV snowflake and fly the arrivals with the purple banana instead. 

21 hours ago, XFalcon750 said:

I too, have noticed that the TOD is usually way too late and the VNAV prediction is off. Say if I am cruising at FL380 and the next waypoint I have to be below FL270, the TOD somehow appears after that waypoint. I'll see if I can make a more detailed post about this later, but it seems in most flights that I just ignore the TOD and the VNAV snowflake and fly the arrivals with the purple banana instead. 

This is indeed a problem. The snowflake indicates the VS must be decreased when in fact it should be increased!!

Trevor

I have already completed several flights between ASE DEN and real weather. In KDEN is planned an RNAV Approach with several descend sections. Since the TOD does not appear or is too late, ich must descend the first leg with VS and green circle control. After passing TOD (do not know what this is then based), the snowflake shows obviously not really plausible values.

So i fly almost completely with VS and orientation on the green circle.

Is certainly not perfect, also makes a lot of work, but i've still landed them safely.

However, I would expect such important ads and functions to work!

Archived