Is my system good enough for P3D v4?

Hello, 

I just wanted to know if my main PC is good enough for a change to P3D v4. 

CPU: i7 7700K 

8GB RAM

250GB SSD

1TB HDD

GTX 1050 Ti. 

I'm planning to upgrade the GPU in one or two years. 

Thanks in advance

Thanks. I'm planning to run some addons like the PMDG 777 and 737 and some airport addons. Does it impact more the performance than on FSX just for making some expectations for the performance. and is it important to have an SSD for P3D?

Yes and SSD is simply mandatory for sims because they load so many small files.

I would consider a cheaper CPU to get a better GPU if you focus on P3d V4.

With P3D I would agree, X-Plane doesn't really show much improvement on an SSD in my experience. Can't work out why.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

vor 14 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes and SSD is simply mandatory for sims because they load so many small files.

I would consider a cheaper CPU to get a better GPU if you focus on P3d V4.

I already bought the PC some time ago and I'm planning to "upgrade" it with a dedicated sim drive. 

vor 15 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

If you still need to buy a ssd certainly consider a M2 model. They absolutely rock for small files. My P3d v4 starts up to the CRJ VC in 8 seconds.

Thank you. I was also planning to use an M.2 SSD. Does someone know if the WB 256 GB SSD works on a Z270G (Asus)? 

18 minutes ago, A320 pilot said:

Would you consider buying a stick of RAM or an M.2 SSD? Just so I know what I have to buy.

It's completely up to yourself. It might be worth running P3D for a while first, without any upgrades. After a while you will have a better idea as to what should be improved first. 

Archived