Taxi Speed

Hi everyone,

Love the CRJ so far. Looking forward to spending a lot of time learning her. Question though. Should the plane accelerate without adding any throttle? This happens to me whether fully loaded (tutorial flight) or not. If I didn't ride the brakes, it can easily reach 30 knots with both engines running at idle.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you mean "without" instead of "with". Well, essentially the plane moves even though the throttles are in idle position. The question is how long does it take to reach 20 or in your case 30 knots. Should not be reached that fast. If it does, Hans should adjust the inertia a bit.

Post updated to without. I'd say it takes 3 or 4 minutes to get up to 20 or 30 knots. I was just surprised since I saw some post from others saying they had to add a lot of power to get the plane rolling.

Thanks,

Orman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Deputy Sheriffs

With V4 you need a lot of power, the other sims have working tweaks. IRL you see a lot of CRJ's using one or two reversers while taxing to reduce the taxispeed and not riding the brakes. After an while ATC even got used to it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived