How to change runway

What would be the correct procedure to change the runway on the FMC when ATC directs you to a different RW then the one you programmed?   The first time I tried I was given the option of a different RW in the DEP/ARR page.  When I selected a different RW everything disappeared other than the airports on the panel.  The second time I was not given any option to change runways.  It would not let me un-select the runway I had programmed.  I hope I am making sense.  I could not find anything in the manual that directly addressed the runway situation.  Changing a waypoint scenario does not work in this instance.

Thanks

It's possible that the STAR is only available for this one runway, in that case you would have to de-select the STAR as well, to remove the filter and get the full selection of runways back.

Can you tell me where this happened, so I can check?

It happened on a turn around from KMSP to KOMA and reverse.  At KOMA I had RW 18 selected and sim ATC directed me to RW 36.   At KMSP I had RW 30R selected and ATC directed me to RW 4.  I also attempted to land at KLAS on RW 25 R and ATC directed me to RW 7L.  That RW is not listed in the CRJ.   I am accustomed to A320 and PMDG NGX providing the new STAR route and I could not replicate that in the CRJ.  I wasn't sure if the real plane did that or not.  I was able to land visually on all the flights so no big deal.  

I set up my own route but I use the standard sim ATC for clearance once I get about thirty miles out from the airport.  

2 hours ago, kenthom said:

It happened on a turn around from KMSP to KOMA and reverse.  At KOMA I had RW 18 selected and sim ATC directed me to RW 36.   At KMSP I had RW 30R selected and ATC directed me to RW 4.  I also attempted to land at KLAS on RW 25 R and ATC directed me to RW 7L.  That RW is not listed in the CRJ.   I am accustomed to A320 and PMDG NGX providing the new STAR route and I could not replicate that in the CRJ.  I wasn't sure if the real plane did that or not.  I was able to land visually on all the flights so no big deal.  

I set up my own route but I use the standard sim ATC for clearance once I get about thirty miles out from the airport.  

9 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It's possible that the STAR is only available for this one runway, in that case you would have to de-select the STAR as well, to remove the filter and get the full selection of runways back.

Can you tell me where this happened, so I can check?

Hi there. I get the exact same issue. Happened at every airport I flew into, RDU/MSP/JFK. I selected my STAR then my runway (for the ILS) but I then got a different runway from ATC, went to go change it and all that was listed there was the runway I has chosen, even after removing both the runway and STAR. I had to disconnect from VATSIM after every flight as I couldn't set up the runway properly. Luckily I could do it visually like said before. Any ideas? (Attached is what I see, and this STAR is not just for 23R, it is for all 4 runways at RDU. As all 4 showed up BEFORE I choose ILS23R.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

did you guys, load the fligth plan via route menu? this issue happened to me when i load route via FMS but if put it manually. it wont happened, i will be able to deselect star and rwy.

the best way to aboid this until is fixed is by deleting the detination and put it again. Or load manually the route.

@samwheeler  

14 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

did you guys, load the fligth plan via route menu? this issue happened to me when i load route via FMS but if put it manually. it wont happened, i will be able to deselect star and rwy.

the best way to aboid this until is fixed is by deleting the detination and put it again. Or load manually the route.

@samwheeler  

I entered it manually. into the FMS @Eduard Gasull

1 minute ago, Eduard Gasull said:

hmmm:blink: and you tried to deselect star and rwy by pressing them again? if yes, lets wait to hans or aerosoft staff to see what they think about it.

for me works.

@Eduard Gasull yeah, so what I did was put my flight in 100% manually. Selecting the SID/DEP rnwy. Then entered the rest of the flight plan in. Next when choosing the arrival I would choose the STAR then rnwy for ARR. To deselect it, I click the delete key on the FMS and then hit the star then runway, right?

this is not what i do. I go to dep/arr page on fms and the click over the green selected procedures (star and rwy) and i can see again all the procedures and runways. But its true that if you load the route via FMS menu this wont work at the filter wont be errased. @samwheeler

1 minute ago, Eduard Gasull said:

this is not what i do. I go to dep/arr page on fms and the click over the green selected procedures (star and rwy) and i can see again all the procedures and runways. But its true that if you load the route via FMS menu this wont work at the filter wont be errased. @samwheeler

Ahhh that could be why! I will do a quick test flight and report back, :P Thanks!

Just now, samwheeler said:

Ahhh that could be why! I will do a quick test flight and report back, :P Thanks!

dont say thanks until it works for you. if not wait to hans or frank or other aerosoft staff.

@Eduard Gasull So deselecting both the star and rnwy just left my runway list empty, nothing there it was just blank 

:huh: now im lost. wait to hans... i tried. it should work like this. deselecting star and runway, then press execute. then go to dep/arr main index and press arrival it should show you all procedures. but i cant help you more than how it works on my system. Sorry :(

Re-entering the DEST ICAO in the route page seems to have fixed it!

this is the shitfix, or the way to aboid the problem until the true fix of hans arrive. Im glad to see my trick works for you.

31 minutes ago, samwheeler said:

Issue SEEMS to be fixed in that latest update once you deselect the RUNWAY then STAR :P

There haven't been any changes about this in the last update. However, I found out that the calculation of the page count on the ARRIVAL page had a flaw. This might have contributed to the issue.

Other than that, clicking a green entry again seems to de-select it properly in any situation.

Archived