Twitching yoke issue

Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

No thanks. My PC is a no-fly zone for any Apple or Adobe products.

hahaha so @Navigation will need to change the video format as .mov is the apple video format (the equivalent to avi ones in windows) and only quicktime will reproduce .mov for sure.

• Aerosoft

A noisy potmeter is very common in older joysticks. It basically means the little potentiometers do not give out a steady signal but heavy fluctuating values. FSUIPC has a dampening function just to solve these issue until you replace the hardware.

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

A noisy potmeter is very common in older joysticks. It basically means the little potentiometers do not give out a steady signal but heavy fluctuating values. FSUIPC has a dampening function just to solve these issue until you replace the hardware.

Ah ok I've got FSUIPC registered version but I don't know how to set up my yoke is it easy and can I just set it for one aircraft day as in the CRJ.

also I tried a few different controllers and they're all the same 

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, then I got to leave this to Hans. As far as I can see you are the only one with the issue so he will have to look for something that is interfering on your system. Never easy.

Yes I understand 

Click the black placard above the MFD to hide the yoke.

I'm trying to reproduce the twitching right now btw. No results yet but I only just took off ;)

There is a result now. I use a Thrustmaster T16000M joystick which uses hall effect sensors which give it extremely high precision. With that the yoke movement is perfectly smooth. But as soon as I move the joystick slightly left or right, just below the limit where the autopilot disconnects, the yoke in the VC starts twitching like in your video. So, the conclusion is that the null zone of your joystick or yoke isn't large enough and it constantly sends signals to the aircraft.

I'd recommend to re-calibrate the joystick/yoke and set a larger nullzone.

Archived