P3Dv4 won't load

Ok, so I raced home from work this evening, bought the CRJ, downloaded and installed it and rebooted my PC. Everything went like clockwork. However, when I try to open P3D it just refuses to open. It seems to be running as a background task, as seen in the task manager. See attached screenshot. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Please login to display this image.

Nealmac,

I had the same issue but not with the CRJ. My P3D would not load but show up on background tasks. I tried everything short of doing a full format of my system and ended up doing the FSDreamteam update module and everything worked after that. It seems SODE was having sort of hiccup because I would get a message that 'A version of SODE is already running' something to that affect whenever I tried to restart P3D. Hope this helps your issue.

blkeagle17

16 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

If you uninstall the CRJ, will P3D start properly again?

No, Tom. I just uninstalled it and now it's still giving the same problem. It was working ok before I installed it.

9 minutes ago, johnyilmaz said:

Nealmac,

I had the same issue but not with the CRJ. My P3D would not load but show up on background tasks. I tried everything short of doing a full format of my system and ended up doing the FSDreamteam update module and everything worked after that. It seems SODE was having sort of hiccup because I would get a message that 'A version of SODE is already running' something to that affect whenever I tried to restart P3D. Hope this helps your issue.

blkeagle17

Hi, where do I run the FSDT update module? I have GSX and Heraklion Airport form FSDT.

8 minutes ago, mseiwald said:

I had the same problem. Uninstalled both the CRJ and RAAS and installed the CRJ again without RAAS. Now its working fine for me.

I might have to try that next, but I would like to have RAAS installed. Not installing it is really only a workaround. It's not the fix I was hoping for.

And.....BAM! the CRJ is back in the game! I reinstalled it again (with RAAS), and it just worked. I can't understand it? I must've had a bad install or something. Either way it seems ok.

Thanks a million to everyone for replying.

Probably too late to test it out now though :( early start in the morning.

13 minutes ago, nealmac said:

I might have to try that next, but I would like to have RAAS installed. Not installing it is really only a workaround. It's not the fix I was hoping for.

It will certainly not a permanent workaround. Assuming it is RAAS, we will ask FS2Crew for a fixed version.

Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

It will certainly not a permanent workaround. Assuming it is RAAS, we will ask FS2Crew for a fixed version.

See my post above Hans. I think (I hope) I'm sorted.

Yeah RAAS installed as well. Everything seems in order. This aircraft looks gorgeous. Unfortunately it's getting late and I need to sleep. It will have to wait until tomorrow evening :(

Archived