Tutorial Flight not able to load

Hi there,

I'm running FSX:SE (no parallel install of regular FSX).

I just installed the CRJ and everything seemed to work ok. I followed the advice on these forums and moved the 6 CRJ-related files from C:\Users\XXX\Documents\

to C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files.

However, when I attempt to load the tutorial flight in FSX it doesn't appear anywhere on the list of loadable flights. It's not there at all for me to select it to load. The problem persists whether I attempt to load from the free flight screen or whether I attempt to load from an already-loaded flight.

I've double checked the Flight simulator X Files folder and I definitely have the following files in there.

Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial.crj

Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial.fxml

Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial.wx

CRJ Tutorial Flight DUS-BSL.crj

CRJ Tutorial Flight DUS-BSL.fxml

CRJ Tutorial Flight DUS-BSL.wx

Should there also be a .flt file for each flight? If so it is not present.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please check if you have this folder

• Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

If yes, copy the file in there. If not, create it and copy the files in there.

I'm having the same issue, I've copied the files into both folders the SE folders and the other FSX documents folder, yet the tutorial flight still doesn't appear in my list of flights

I think I know what's the problem here. FSX isn't able to read the .fxml Files. It requires the old .flt files. Just renaming doesn't work unfortunately. I'll make sure that proper .flt files for the FSX users will be provided as soon as possible (it's 1:20am in Europe now, so that might not happen until the morning).

Thanks for the late night reply Hans.  I appreciate it.

Funny, I suspected that was the problem and tried renaming the files. I was just about to report that it didn't work when I saw your reply.  

I'm patient. I can wait for the files tomorrow to fly the Tutorial.

Thanks again.

Same here. V 1.0.0.2 does not include the FLT files for the Tutorial flight, there is only the fsxml for P3D that is not compatible with FSX.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, that problem surfaced yesterday and I assumed the fix would have already been included in the new installer.

Please rest assured, that this will definitely be fixed, as you can see from the speed with all the other problems that surfaced here yesterday and today got addressed and even already fixed.

Please tell me where to get the new files for the tutorial. I have updated with .4 and still can't find them. Are they supposed to be found in original planned place? I apologize if I missed instructions about fix.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

It will be fixed with 1.0.0.5 which should become available today.

I have made the following post available again until the new version is finally released:

Archived