acontain.dll & ASCRJ.dll CTD's

4 hours ago, XFalcon750 said:

Flying into KSEA on the MARNR6

I've only had one CTD so far but mine was on this same STAR at about the same position as in your screenshot (right after the vector waypoint). 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Regarding the error with the module "acontain.dll": A very old error occuring with other addons (even those famous highend addon aircraft) and is related to much to high settings regarding AI traffic and AI addons/programs. So check your setting and/or uninstall your AI program to test it.

Quote from the AVsim CTD Guide:

AContain.dll - related to AI aircraft and it removes AI aircraft around your aircraft as you are flying. Make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed as it somehow works with this module.Reduce your AI settings - not above 40%. What AI program is installed? Is the default AI program still running? If you are still having problems, suggest uninstalling any add-on AI program. Ships and boats are also  controlled by the  acontain.dll  so make sure those settings  are  not  too high. Individuals who have had crashes as  a  result  of this module have been advised to completely uninstall FSX, run a freeware system cleaner such as  CCleaner,  then  temporarily  disable  any  anti-virus  program  and  disable  UAC,  then reinstall.

it also applies to P3D

Source: https://www.avsim.com/files/file/65-avsim-crash-to-desktop-guide

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Bigryan62 said:

Dont believe its SPAI causing it. many of my friends are using different AI packages and getting CTD with the same DLL  "acontain.dll 

But do note that SPAI changes default files of the sim that simply cause problems for other add-ons. 

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But do note that SPAI changes default files of the sim that simply cause problems for other add-ons. 

Just my own experience, for me there might be something wrong with SPAI AI traffic in p3D v4, when I installed it, my p3D crashes without any
trace in Event Viewer (or sometimes with aiplayer.dll), my flight normally just can last 4 5 mins after taking off and switch between p3D and browser or other app (Tested with Carenado default aircraft), I reinstalled p3D without any AI, now it is running fine.

As those acontain CTDs came out of the blue without anything like user input or waypoint change happening (at least according to Matt's video), it IS possible that they were caused by an AI traffic plane entering the scene. The other CTDs where ASCRJ.dll is the culprit are clearly my fault.

Frank Docter was nice enough to upload SPAI for me and I will install it as soon as the download is complete. It may sound weird, but I'm actually happy about every time the CRJ crashes on my system. It's the best way to find and fix things.

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

This is simply not true. They change some of the effect bmps in the effect folder (you can replace them by save the default ones and replace it after the installation of SPAI). Everything else are just .blgs and aircraft Models replacing nothing at all in the Sim itself. If SPAI would be the problem, I would have countless CTDs with all aircraft.

For me the same btw. Final into KMBS (Turbolent Design) and suddenly a CTD without any entry in the event viewer of windows 10. It simply closed the sim to the desktop. No message, nothing. The first time I had a CTD in P3D v4 (HF1). 

• Aerosoft

Effects bitmaps are part of the default sim file. And these changed files cause problems for our product, just check the comments from other users. Changing default files is simply bad practise because you can cause problems for other developers.

We (and all other add-on developers) can only guarantee the correct working of our products if the simulator is correct.

1 hour ago, HardrockCafe said:

This is simply not true. They change some of the effect bmps in the effect folder (you can replace them by save the default ones and replace it after the installation of SPAI). Everything else are just .blgs and aircraft Models replacing nothing at all in the Sim itself. If SPAI would be the problem, I would have countless CTDs with all aircraft.

For me the same btw. Final into KMBS (Turbolent Design) and suddenly a CTD without any entry in the event viewer of windows 10. It simply closed the sim to the desktop. No message, nothing. The first time I had a CTD in P3D v4 (HF1). 

Wow, no addon should ever modify default files without telling you and making a backup and then telling you again. It's very bad practice. 

I had 2 of these CTD without any message on screen or event viewer yesterday in P3D v4 with no AI-Traffic, no ActiveSky running, apart from default only changes made by envtex and PTA.

Only external tool running was chaseplane. First crash came while pushing a button in the fmc (don't remember which one) and the second while I wasn't doing anything but watching the plane following the star.

I know this won't be too helpful but I'll try tonight if such CTD's happen again and maybe I have a bit more info for you.

Cheers, Klaus

9 hours ago, atco said:

A great shame you are using and publicising a pirated addon to your viewers.

I do sincerely apologise for using a product that is apparently pirated. I had heard rumours that SPAI wasn't the best AI traffic addon, but had never been sent any proof to show it was illegal or pirated. What is a great shame is you saying I am publicizing it to my viewers, with absolutely zero proof I have been doing so? I have mainly been using Ultimate Traffic Live, which I would be happy to send you proof of purchase if you are that concerned, for my model matching and have been advertising that to my viewers. There is even an automated command for it on my channel. Rest assured I have now removed SPAI off my system entirely after your comment. 

4 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

it IS possible that they were caused by an AI traffic plane entering the scene

That would not be possible at all in my circumstances considering I don't have any AI traffic turned on whatsoever whilst flying offline, and have not taken the CRJ flying on the VATSIM network which would then show AI model matching.

Hello, 

I Installed first the CRJ700, after that I install Ultimate Traffic Live. I had 2 crash on each model the 700 and the 900. But I had the crash by changing from one airport to an other and also changing the day time. 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ASCRJ.dll, version: 1.0.0.2, time stamp: 0x5982c24d
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000016f064
Faulting process id: 0x2110
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3107425225d97
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft CRJ Base\panel\ASCRJ.dll
Report Id: 11c3f779-ef41-4ea5-bf74-6e95b210ee69
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ASCRJ.dll, version: 1.0.0.2, time stamp: 0x5982c24d
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000016f064
Faulting process id: 0x1c98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d310729224f93a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft CRJ Base\panel\ASCRJ.dll
Report Id: 5f39b36c-36b3-4cf5-96db-6f0671bdb1ec
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Best regards

Archived