Nosewheel Animation

First of all I would like to start out by congratulating the team on a fantastic product! One minor animation glitch that I noticed is that the nose wheel does not have a steering animation. Nosewheel steering is on, as well as autorudder as I do not have a controller with a rudder axis. Another note is that on engine shut-down the "engine oil" aural warning is missing. This may be one of the numerous small differences between the CRJ200 and the 700/900, but I just thought that I'd point it out

I made the following observations on the nosewheel steering issue:

- animation is correct when using rudder input (Saitek Rudder Pedals)

- animation is missing whe using direct input through FSUIPC (Steering axis). I don't believe that this is an issue within P3D as it works perfectly on other A/C.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Why would you use FSUIPC for the steering axis if you don't have to? CRJ Manager makes it clear that FSUIPC is only to be used if the normal way doesn't work.

Hello Mr. Hartmann, First of all wonderful aircraft and thanks for the response! Unfortunately, The CRJ is not the only aircraft in my virtual hangar and I have experienced inconsistent results utilizing v4's axis steering. Whereas, in FSUIPC has provided great results for the close to 10 years or so I've used it. Perhaps I'm getting old lol. However, if needbe I can disable it.

So then I can assume this isn't a P3D issue. I'm using the keyboard to control the nosegear .. I even tried  my LOgitech joystick and still the same. Likewise this is the only aircraft that this happens with in P3DV4 as it works perfectly on other A/C.  Thanks!!

vor 2 Stunden , JGreen5278 sagte:

Hello Mr. Hartmann, First of all wonderful aircraft and thanks for the response! Unfortunately, The CRJ is not the only aircraft in my virtual hangar and I have experienced inconsistent results utilizing v4's axis steering. Whereas, in FSUIPC has provided great results for the close to 10 years or so I've used it. Perhaps I'm getting old lol. However, if needbe I can disable it.

That's exactly how I also feel about this issue. Not that it would create an impossible task to disengage the steering, however - as mentioned - there are a few things that make me resist to that because I use this setup for ALL A/C on P3D V4 and it works flawlessly on ALL other A/C. So maybe this is one answer to your above question: "Why would you use FSUIPC for the steering axis if you don't have to?"

The second answer would be: I'm used to have a nosewheel tiller for ground operations - at least on all A/C that also have one IRL. Using rudder pedals for rudder interaction and braking leaves me a rotating axis on my Logitech Extreme3D Pro which is extremely convenient for this task. So my question in return would then be: "Why shouldn't I use it?" :D

9 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

That's exactly how I also feel about this issue. Not that it would create an impossible task to disengage the steering, however - as mentioned - there are a few things that make me resist to that because I use this setup for ALL A/C on P3D V4 and it works flawlessly on ALL other A/C. So maybe this is one answer to your above question: "Why would you use FSUIPC for the steering axis if you don't have to?"

The second answer would be: I'm used to have a nosewheel tiller for ground operations - at least on all A/C that also have one IRL. Using rudder pedals for rudder interaction and braking leaves me a rotating axis on my Logitech Extreme3D Pro which is extremely convenient for this task. So my question in return would then be: "Why shouldn't I use it?" :D

Lol! Exactly! Nevertheless doesn't hinder the experience at all. Just been disabling it in FSUIPC.

I agree, it's a fantastic product! I loved it in every way, even the lack of auto throttle (yes, I know the CRJ doesn't have it). 

On 2/8/2017 at 7:22 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

You're both using P3D v4? If yes, it's a bug in P3D itself. The steering axis keeps controlling the nose wheel even though the event is intercepted (to block it). Apparently they used some shortcut there.

But does this mean that the A320 series and the A330 won't have the animation either? 

If I recall well, PMDG aircraft do have that animation. Please do not misunderstand me, I am really confused. 

On the other hand, I look forward to fly at least 50 more CRJ flights! Have I mentioned that I love it? 

Cheers!

• Developer

The steering wheel animation works in P3Dv3 and not in P3Dv4. Hans has chosen different methods as P3Dv4 offers a steering axis. With that ichoosen t works correctly.

those who are using FSUIPC to manage different setups for the hardware prolly always use the Steering Tiller selection to assign it to an axis. That works fine on all aircraft I have but collides with the CRJ in P3Dv4 programming. Discussed in detail and are looking for a solution. 

Archived