Problems following Glidescope

As you can see, it's a very colorful set of avionics and the APPR mode will only work if the CDI needle is green (simplified information, but I want to help you, not confuse 

The 8bits color scheme of the Apple II :)

Just try to activate directly the APPR mode (instead of NAV then APPR) and it's work like a charm.

3 minutes ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

Okay, thank you! 

Actually, that's a great feature! In the Dash I always need to switch to HDG Mode and then select the ILS as NAV source in order to take a look, if I am intercepting correctly. Then I can reengage the NAV Mode and fly the ILS down to the runway... But with that feature onboard the CRJ it is a lot more easier to capture the ILS! Once you get to know all the colours, it all makes sense.

on the dash8 there is a tricks to show and set the freq/course on the MFD without switching to hdg mode, keep pushing the FORMAT btn for few seconds :)

this is useful

2 hours ago, Nexus82 said:

Try with first pushing NAV in order to track LOC1 while still being in ALTS, and then push APPR. That's when my CRJ completely busts the glideslope intercept (from below)

Happened to me at ESGG ILS RWY21 (FRQ 108,50 CRS 203)

Good man! I could reproduce it. It's actually related to having the NAV mode active before pressing the APPR button. As far as I am aware this is not the way it's done in real life and most likely the reason why it didn't happen during beta testing.

Again, thanks for the hint! :)

1 hour ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

Okay, thank you! 

Actually, that's a great feature! In the Dash I always need to switch to HDG Mode and then select the ILS as NAV source in order to take a look, if I am intercepting correctly. Then I can reengage the NAV Mode and fly the ILS down to the runway... But with that feature onboard the CRJ it is a lot more easier to capture the ILS! Once you get to know all the colours, it all makes sense.

next time, press and hold 3 second FORMAT key, you will be able to set the course, while the plane is following the L NAV, you can the change nav source to loc 1 and complete or go to nav page on FMS, and select tune approach, you won't need to change nav source, but you need to reengage vans in order to complete de FMS app.  DASH is amazing.

Quote As you can see, it's a very colorful set of avionics and the APPR mode will only work if the CDI needle is green (simplified information, but I want to help you, not confuse 

The 8bits color scheme of the Apple II [emoji4]

Just try to activate directly the APPR mode (instead of NAV then APPR) and it's work like a charm.

Indeed the technology of the Collins Proline 4 avionics suite is a contemporary of the Apple II! The system became fully certified in the late 1980s, but the design goes back to the early 80s.

The the main microprocessor of the real CRJ FMS is the equivalent of an 80286 CPU, and the NVRAM memory (that holds the navigation database) is slowwww by modern standards.

The Aerosoft emulation of the FMS actually responds a lot faster to user inputs than the real FMS does. When entering waypoints on the flight plan page in the real aircraft, there can be a long pause (2 or 3 seconds) after each WP is added before it actually gets inserted into the FP.

5 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I was able to reproduce the issue and fixed it. A hotfix should be available soon.

Thanks very much, Hans. Will try again today. :)

I tried this again today on two flights after a fresh install downloaded about 4 hours ago and I still can't get it to arm the glide slope. Probably pilot error but when I hit the APPR button I pick up the LOC1 no problem but just never grabs the glide slope. Do we have to pick it up from underneath or above? I've tried both ways.

EDIT: Do we have to hit the NAV button first to grab the localizer then approach after the hotfix? Maybe that's my mistake. It seems hitting approach to intercept the LOC was working before then it would automatically grab the GS.

8 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Indeed the technology of the Collins Proline 4 avionics suite is a contemporary of the Apple II! The system became fully certified in the late 1980s, but the design goes back to the early 80s.

The the main microprocessor of the real CRJ FMS is the equivalent of an 80286 CPU, and the NVRAM memory (that holds the navigation database) is slowwww by modern standards.

The Aerosoft emulation of the FMS actually responds a lot faster to user inputs than the real FMS does. When entering waypoints on the flight plan page in the real aircraft, there can be a long pause (2 or 3 seconds) after each WP is added before it actually gets inserted into the FP.

ahah love it :)

27 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No, actually - from I was told - using the NAV button is not part of the procedure at all.

Interesting.

I just got off the night shift at Boston-Logan. I'll try and grab a fresh fresh installer in the morning and try again. 

Thank you as always Hans.

Archived